TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think he might be able to if his Chicken Pox are really bad!
PASADENA, California (AP) -- Jason Lee has an excuse for missing work better suited for a first grader. He has the chicken pox.

Production on NBC's "My Name Is Earl" is being shut down for a couple of weeks "until he's feeling better and presentable to be on TV again," said Greg Garcia, the show's creator and executive producer.

The freshman comedy is a bright spot on NBC's schedule and was recently moved to Thursdays, once the fabled home of the network's "must-see TV" lineup.

NBC announced Sunday it was renewing "My Name Is Earl" and another Thursday comedy, "The Office," for a second season.

·
Registered
96 Posts
SparkleMotion said:
Wow...unaware of not just the 1978 ABC show, but the 2003-Present Sci-Fi remake.

Now THAT'S an interesting culteral speedbump.
How many people watch the 2003 remake? A million? Two million? I was 3 in 1978 and I do remember the show (along with Buck Rogers and Planet of the Apes TV show, and Love Boat, Fantasy Island and Charlies Angels). I just don't remember many of the character names from that time (except for that awful Hawkman from BR).

·
Banned
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't know I would so mystify someone by referring to a character in a show which generates enough views and replies in this forum to place it in the top 5 of episodic program-related threads. (At least since the reset)

·
Registered
284 Posts
dvdapex said:
How many people watch the 2003 remake? A million? Two million? I was 3 in 1978 and I do remember the show (along with Buck Rogers and Planet of the Apes TV show, and Love Boat, Fantasy Island and Charlies Angels). I just don't remember many of the character names from that time (except for that awful Hawkman from BR).
Come on... are you seriously saying that you cannot remember the character names of Mr. Roarke or Tatoo??

On a completely seperate note, Fred Grandy who played Gopher in Love Boat became a member of congress is 1986. As he entered the elevator, a Senate Paige said "Lido Deck, sir?" The paige was fired the next day. This was the friend of a friend, so it may be an urban legend, but still is damn funny.

·
El Caganer
6,707 Posts
GadgetFreak said:
Come on... are you seriously saying that you cannot remember the character names of Mr. Roarke or Tatoo??

On a completely seperate note, Fred Grandy who played Gopher in Love Boat became a member of congress is 1986. As he entered the elevator, a Senate Paige said "Lido Deck, sir?" The paige was fired the next day. This was the friend of a friend, so it may be an urban legend, but still is damn funny.
Urban Legend

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.