TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Got Basenji?
9,603 Posts
Emily's Reasons Why Not and Four Kings look like the 2 we will try.

·
Rebus Philbin
38,568 Posts
From the descriptions, none of them sound remotely interesting. But it's all in the execution. Maybe I'll just wait to hear which ones other people like...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
5thcrewman said:
I will check it out just because of her, but it'll have to be a lot better than I expect it's going to be (at least for my tastes). After all, I can just watch my Austin Powers DVD as often as I like if she's the only reason I'm watching it.

·
Rebus Philbin
38,568 Posts
jeff125va said:
I will check it out just because of her, but it'll have to be a lot better than I expect it's going to be (at least for my tastes). After all, I can just watch my Austin Powers DVD as often as I like if she's the only reason I'm watching it.
Exactly. Well, Boogie Nights too...

·
Got Basenji?
9,603 Posts
She did seem to do well on Scrubs so she could do comedy well. Of course my wife just says my love blinds me to her acting. ;)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Lee L said:
She did seem to do well on Scrubs so she could do comedy well. Of course my wife just says my love blinds me to her acting. ;)
Yes. I love Scrubs, and I loved her in Scrubs. But this show doesn't appear to be anything like Scrubs. And I really do think she acted well, although if I were blinded by my lust for her I guess I wouldn't know it, but anyway... My point is, this looks like a total chick-flick show that I would have no interest in if not for a super-hot and sexy lead actress. Hell I barely made it through the first episode of Out Of Practice and didn't even make it through half of Threshold, and my standards can be lowered considerably for Paula and Carla. Hopefully this show will at least be tolerable enough to watch Heather every week.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My wife wishes to sample Emily*, Jake, Alex, and 4 Kings. I am adding In Justice and Love Monkey. (Plus I'm going to give Close to Home a shot.) (UPDATED to reflect that In Justice and Close to Home are on at the same time so I can't record both.) There will be no dancing, no skating, and no singing competitions.

This article's writer is a little clueless, no more so than here:
NBC's "Four Kings," about four twentysomething guys living together in a huge New York apartment, has its moments, most of them supplied by the impishly obnoxious Seth Green, who, frankly, is big enough for his own show.
Uh, he has his own show. It's called Robot Chicken.

* BTW, I saw Heather Graham on Letterman the other night. Her publicist must think she has a perception problem around her thinness, because every third thing she said from the moment that interview started was "I love food," "I love to eat," "I eat like a pig," etc, etc, etc....

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've set SP's for Courting Alex and Four kings.

I'd like Emily's Reasons Why Not but it clashes with House and Two and a Half Men (both established viewing) and I only have two tuners. It's a shame as I think it may be quite good and I like Heather Graham

mmm - Another TiVo perhaps....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts