TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rminsk said:
It does not shut down the receivers. Power is still going from the TiVo to the multiswitch. It is still getting a satellite signal and receiving guide data and writing the guide data to disk. The only thing standby does is to stop buffering live TV and shutdown the output enabling the analog bypass to work.
Tuning to an unavailable channel on one tuner appears to cut disk thrashing in half. I don't want to shut down disk thrashing from both tuners.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rock_doctor said:
This is what I do. I set one tuner to 43 and the second to 44 and put the unit into stand by. You can hear the drive stop seeking and searching when you set the tuners to non-active channels. A large number of users also do this but they use channels 443 and 444 but on my unit these channels are sometime active.
That wouldn't let me watch live TV on one tuner and minimize disk usage which is what I am trying to do

Anyway, t would seem that just putting the box on standby would accomplish the same thing as what you are doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.