TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Smelly Pirate Hooker
1,161 Posts
No episode up until now has been. Hoping for the new season! (Even if it doesn't say so.)

·
Got Basenji?
9,603 Posts
Not only is it a mid-season, they are running 2 episodes per week. It smells like a burn off to me. I am frankly very surporised there has not been more complaining. I guess this is how you quietly kill off one of the best shows on TV.

·
Custom User Title
3,694 Posts
scrubs used to be shot on 16mm, which is more expensive than HD video for most shows. It may be a stylistic choice.

·
Omega Consumer
11,789 Posts
I fear the return of scrubs will be like the second Boston albumn. Objectively it will be good but they will have been away too long.

·
All better
17,348 Posts
vman41 said:
I fear the return of scrubs will be like the second Boston albumn. Objectively it will be good but they will have been away too long.
Not so, they started filming and have kept the same production schedule has every other show. This may be why they are showing two a week for a while to basically "catch up".

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
mwhip said:
Not so, they started filming and have kept the same production schedule has every other show. This may be why they are showing two a week for a while to basically "catch up".
I took the comments of the other poster to mean the show has been away from viewers too long, and not that the cast has been away from work.
??

·
Excellent.
22,797 Posts
Lee L said:
Not only is it a mid-season, they are running 2 episodes per week. It smells like a burn off to me. I am frankly very surporised there has not been more complaining. I guess this is how you quietly kill off one of the best shows on TV.
I have had the same fear (NBC has given up). The show doesn't get good ratings, but then NBC has never really known what to do with it. As I recall, they promoted it pretty heavily early on in its first season, but since then they've moved it so many times and otherwise underpromoted it that it's no wonder the audience is small. I'm disappointed they chose to put it back on Tuesday nights, where it washed out last year (again, it seems as though the net has given up) rather than teaming it with Earl on Thursdays. That would have been, by far, the best hour of comedy on TV. I don't think the move to Thursdays is going to help The Office any, but it might have helped Scrubs. The latter is a much better partner for Earl than The Office is.

·
a rkester says what?
14,221 Posts
I seriously doubt Scrubs will get the boot anytime soon. ONly way I can see will be if it sucks this new season with the gang at different places... or if some jerk who runs FOX moves to NBC and starts cancelling anything good.

·
Excellent.
22,797 Posts
rkester said:
I seriously doubt Scrubs will get the boot anytime soon. ONly way I can see will be if it sucks this new season with the gang at different places... or if some jerk who runs FOX moves to NBC and starts cancelling anything good.
Well, the good news for us fans is that NBC is in a down period and doesn't really have a lot of big ratings draws to play with. With Scrubs at last getting some Emmy nomination love last season, getting rid of it may not be their highest priority. May not. But my fear is that if they unearth another Earl, they'll be pretty willing to make a swap by next season if Scrubs doesn't perform better this spring than it has recently.

·
a rkester says what?
14,221 Posts
I wonder if the lack of HD for scrubs has anything to do with all of this chaos. lordy i hope thye dont spin off one of the characters.

·
All better
17,348 Posts
rkester said:
I wonder if the lack of HD for scrubs has anything to do with all of this chaos. lordy i hope thye dont spin off one of the characters.
You don't want to watch "The Todd"?

·
Smelly Pirate Hooker
1,161 Posts
When I read that they had delayed it past fall, they explained it as letting Zach Braff finish filming more movies. I do find it odd that they are showing two episodes a week.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts