TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OTA ONLY and Loving It!
1,736 Posts
My series 2 has hung in boot the way you described twice before, but just unplugging it solved the problem. Good luck,
Goose

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had various problems over the years. Yesterday, there was some sort of power fluxuation after I went to work - my wife called to say that tivo had been sitting at the "please wait" screen for an hour. I had her turn off the power strip it is on for 15 minutes.

When she turned it back on, it came up. However, she describes a rather bizarre set of circumstances at that point. She was trying to watch something that was recording. She said that as she was doing so, the screen went black and she got some text that said that something was wrong and that the unit should not be restarted, but instead a number should be called :confused: .

When I got home, I turned on the tv to see this message, and what I saw was different - it was the main screen, but with a black background instead of the normal green one. Attempts to use the remote to move the cursor failed.

I went ahead and powered off, expecting to see the error screen when I started it back up. When things seemed to come up, I forced a call to the tivo servers, hoping that perhaps some kind of error reporting might occur. Instead, things flew through the interaction and the unit seemed to work through the evening.

Is there a way to get the unit to run diagnostics and send an error report back to tivo central for action?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.