TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Now I get it.
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure I'm worrying prematurely, but I thought I'd run this by you folks anyway.

Last night, I was watching a previously recorded show, and the screen froze. I assumed it was a Comcast or Fox problem that would resolve itself in a few seconds. But to my surprise, after a few seconds of that, my (4 month old) S3 rebooted itself. It seemed to come up okay after that, although it did run through an "acquiring channels" (unsure of the exact wording) phase, which had me concerned that it had lost all my Season Passes and stuff.

When it finished rebooting, everything seemed to be fine -- nothing lost. It resumed recording the two shows it had previously been recording. I went back to watch that same previously recorded show I'd been watching earlier, and at the same exact point, the screen froze. I was sure my S3 was about to die or spontaneously combust or something, but this time, after 10 or so seconds, it resumed playing normally.

My question for you knowledgeable folks is, is my S3 about to die? Do I have a bad section on the hard disk? Should I set that show with the frozen section during which the reboot occurred to be Keep Until I Delete, so that part of the disk is never used again? Am I panicking over nothing?

Thanks for your advice,
Debbie

·
Now I get it.
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the information. I guess I'll hope my problem is more like Fred2's, and not a hard disk defect. Why do these things always happen just after the 3 month warranty runs out? ;)

--Debbie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.