TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Photo Man
239 Posts
duoart said:
Yep, brand new standalone series 2. Doesn't seem to be much else I'd want to do to it. Not interested in screwing w/ sockets unless there is some killer hack that I simply *must* have. Been surfing around some and I've seen nothing compelling.

Quick question:

How do I verify that my unit is seeing the entire drive after I put it back in? Will the system infomation screen reflect the change?

Thanks!
Stand alone units already have many of the feature us DTivoers hack to get. Not all. When you finish your HD expansion you can restart the computer into Linux and if you "Ctfl" & "Page Up" several times, you will see the drives listed and their capacity. hdda, hddb, hddc............

There may be another way to do it but this way works. And yes.........No Zipper For You !!!!!! ;)

· Photo Man
239 Posts
captain_video said:
Nope, not me. You've just got to assess your target audience and respond accordingly. I'm learning quickly that providing any sort of technical response here just gets you a blank stare, no matter how simple the process actually is. I'm leary of recommending Zipper to anyone since it does require some basic skills to implement but which are clearly beyond the skillset of many. That's not to say that there aren't a lot of technically savvy people here but they tend to be more of the exception than the rule. This sure ain't DDB. As they say, when in Rome...
For the most part, true about the blank stare responce. However, for those of us who like to "tinker and learn", bring on the "technical responces".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.