TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see several vendors are selling upgrades, and I would like to upgrade my new tcd652160 (Tivo HD) myself (to save $135 or so - i.e. a raw Seagate DB35 750gb is about $265 at several internet stores or I could go to a Tivo upgrade vendor and get one with the image installed for $399).

I have searched this forum for "tcd652160" and get zero hits. Is there any way to get an image for the tcd652160?

I am kind of a novice to this forum, so sorry if I missed it and thanks in advance for any possible help.

·
Astute User
11,392 Posts
Yes, you can upgrade it yourself.

Assuming your TiVoHD is working, you can take an image from that drive, or do a drive to drive copy, storing the original drive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So just to be clear, I can image the stock drive, which I think is 250GB, and just put that image onto a 750GB drive? Its that easy? Is there some sort of general guide ont he Internet or here on this forum walking through the steps? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.