TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
flmgrip said:
you are highly confused my friend.

video and film are two different things. HD discovery, sports and live shows (if in HD) are the only things filmed with HD Video.

there are a FEW prime time shows that are filmed with HD video, but 90%-95% of prime time HD is filmed on 35mm film and that will not change for some time due to the cost and availability of HD equipment. shooting HDvideo is not yet cheaper than shooting 35mm film
I remember when I first got my HD tv and was watching the HD commercial on CBS. The picture quality of the commercial was phenominal. I remember asking my wife why the shows that were HD were not as good as the commercial that was promoting their shows that are "HD."

IM assuming the above explanation is why?

·
Registered
175 Posts
the promo was for HD on cbs in general. It showed sports on cbs(tennis and football and basketball) it showed the stars of various cbs shows (csi miami) and it showed Prince (the musician)playing for a few seconds. The stars of the shows were just standing in a studio, not actually out takes from the shows.

The quality of all of the pictures was great, and better than anything ive seen from any of the shows themselves. CSI Miami looks great in HD, but still cant compare to the quality of this particular CBS HD commercial. It would air over and over ahain, but I cant remember the last time ive seen it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.