TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Just hangin'
30,962 Posts
Each locale is different. Where one person lives they may be able to get all networks via their cable company or even OTA. Where I'm at, I get the networks from DirecTV. TWC here only has ABC-HD since that is the only station that is broadcasting HD (other than PBS).

·
Just hangin'
30,962 Posts
bidger said:
I thought WBNG was HD, Jim. WENY (NBC) is the only one here. I get conflicting reports about ABC over TWC. They show on their web site that they're using WIVT out of Bingotown, but I'm told by actual subscribers that there is no ABC-HD.
Going slightly off topic to answer this. WBNG is broadcasting OTA digitally, but no HD. They may be providing an HD feed to TWC, but since I gave up on TWC a couple of years ago I can't say for sure. I can only say what I see. WIVT is broadcasting HD OTA. Their picture is quite good, infact a little better than WABC I get with DirecTV. But, WIVT isn't passing through DD5.1. I do believe that TWC is carrying WIVT-HD. Maybe the subscribers you talked to were only thing about the SD feed.

We can continue this here if you want.
http://www.rochesterhdtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=60

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.