TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Well, it's your call. All I know is when they offered the $299-$100MIR deal in August, I jumped on it. Still waiting on the rebate though, supposed to show up this week. I get two networks in HD, CBS and FOX (crucial for the NFL), and there's only one local station broadcasting in HD, NBC, that would require my putting up an antenna. That's one of the reasons I've delayed on that. I'm getting the HD package for $6 mo. until the middle of next month and I'll see what might get added and make a decision then. If all new channels are for MPEG-4 only and I'm not offered a free switch, I'll probably cancel.

"West Coast" is a really vague location description, so I'll assume you know whether or not if MPEG-4 locals are available where you are. I'll also assume you don't qualify for distants. If it were me and I could get all of the networks in HD instead of just one, I'd have put that antenna up awhile ago.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
nhaigh said:
They sell you a DVR when cable give you a DVR.
That's false info right there. Cable doesn't give you anything more than any pay service does, you lease their equipment and you lease it for as long as you're a customer AND it can be pretty substantial on your monthly bill.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I thought WBNG was HD, Jim. WENY (NBC) is the only one here. I get conflicting reports about ABC over TWC. They show on their web site that they're using WIVT out of Bingotown, but I'm told by actual subscribers that there is no ABC-HD.

kaprucell- I don't know where you get 3 years from, but as I said I used the special back in August so it would be more like 13 mos. if you're using the cable equivalent of $15/mo. Then again, I'd have to add an extra 25 cents a month because TWC tacks on a separate charge for a remote to control the unit. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
There are still some prime time network shows that aren't HD, e.g.- "Scrubs", "Survivor", but the majority are and I agree that HD is far from the novelty stage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.