TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Of course they are droping them. They used TIVO to build up their base with the intention of later after picking their brains to start their own in-house device. Really funny cause they now pay TIVO $1 a subscription and charge us $4.99 each. But you can bet they will start charging $5.99 or a short time at $4.99 and then soon at the dollar increase for their OWN in-house device. Plus they will probably add on more things it will do for more money.
TIVO is what made them and what will break them in the long run. So MR. MURDOCK better start emptying your vast pockets.

· Registered
71 Posts
Rax said:
Funny how people are naive enough to think DirecTV will tank without the floundering TiVo company.
All I can say is please look at the history of D* from the start and what gave them the huge customer increase. They were ready to go under until then and even with dish's problems they are still number one. Time will tell but I won't be there much longer as I will go back to my big dishes and use TIVO with them and programing from another source.

· Registered
71 Posts
LEE, Not trying to start an argument,especially with one that loved SELENA much as I do. I trust the figures you presented but looking at that would you say that about4 and a half million subscribers were picked up in the last 5 years? And how many years did it take to reach the 2000 figure? And as everyone knows figures can be made to show whatever one wants just as the government plays with them everyday. For example how many subscribers were reabsorbed or retained by offering the "new" TIVO.
My only point is what I stated is just MY opinion and I respect all opinions on here. I am 63 and have been around this game with the dishes a very long time. So suffice it to say I stand by my opinion and wish you all luck. Only wish that all the gadgets they have today were around when I was younger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.