TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Is anyone excited for "Mad Men?"

3K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Bierboy 
#1 ·
Mad Men is a new show airing on AMC starting on Thursday, July 19th. I accidentally caught the last few minutes of a "Making of" special they aired and it looked really interesting. I've read some good reviews and I've set up an SP. Just checking to see if anyone else was planning to watch.

You can check out info about the show, or even see the whole "Making of" special here: http://media.amctv.com/originals/madmen/index.html

#2 ·
I'll give it a watch because Vincent Kartheiser (he played Angel's son Connor on Angel) and Christina Hendricks (the unforgettable Saffron or, alternately, YoSaffBridge, on Firefly) co-star on it. The reviews have been excellent so couple that with the actors involved and I'm definitely intrigued.

#5 ·
Like Sadara, I can't say I'm excited about it, but I've heard good things about it and I like John Slattery, so I set it up to record. As usual with new series, I'll give it a few episodes to see if it's worth being excited about, or just a good summer diversion.

#15 ·
FilmCritic3000 said:
I'll give it a watch because Vincent Kartheiser (he played Angel's son Connor on Angel) and Christina Hendricks (the unforgettable Saffron or, alternately, YoSaffBridge, on Firefly) co-star on it. The reviews have been excellent so couple that with the actors involved and I'm definitely intrigued.
I probably won't check it out. I like Christina, but the show premise doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy.

#17 ·
TiVo'Brien said:
I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that it's set in the early 60's. I like when shows put effort into setting the mood with period clothes, props, etc.
You must have loved "Down With Love, then. I really enjoyed it for the reasons you describe - the period mood was perfectly set.

#23 ·
DevdogAZ said:
For those who didn't watch or forgot to record, there are a few more showings this weekend. It was an excellent show, so you should definitely give it a chance.
Agree 100%....well acted, well produced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.