TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
60,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mad Men is a new show airing on AMC starting on Thursday, July 19th. I accidentally caught the last few minutes of a "Making of" special they aired and it looked really interesting. I've read some good reviews and I've set up an SP. Just checking to see if anyone else was planning to watch.

You can check out info about the show, or even see the whole "Making of" special here: http://media.amctv.com/originals/madmen/index.html

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I'll give it a watch because Vincent Kartheiser (he played Angel's son Connor on Angel) and Christina Hendricks (the unforgettable Saffron or, alternately, YoSaffBridge, on Firefly) co-star on it. The reviews have been excellent so couple that with the actors involved and I'm definitely intrigued.

·
Registered Snoozer
7,824 Posts
Have read a couple of review on it that praise it, so I'll check it out. Haven't seen any previews or anything, though.

·
huh?
3,179 Posts
I don't know if I can say I'm excited about it, but I am going to be check it out! Looks like it'll be pretty good, but we'll see!

·
Drew != Drawn
4,862 Posts
Like Sadara, I can't say I'm excited about it, but I've heard good things about it and I like John Slattery, so I set it up to record. As usual with new series, I'll give it a few episodes to see if it's worth being excited about, or just a good summer diversion.

·
Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs
7,789 Posts
I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that it's set in the early 60's. I like when shows put effort into setting the mood with period clothes, props, etc.

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,970 Posts

·
Not.
10,365 Posts
The critic in the Chicago Sun-Times loves it in today's paper.
Said HBO passed on it and called them the new Dumb HBO.
Hope not.

·
Grey Warden Reject
4,312 Posts
VK looks like he's about 15 in that picture. Not sure I understand where they'll be going with the show based on the premise.

·
Toboggan noggin
13,250 Posts
FilmCritic3000 said:
I'll give it a watch because Vincent Kartheiser (he played Angel's son Connor on Angel) and Christina Hendricks (the unforgettable Saffron or, alternately, YoSaffBridge, on Firefly) co-star on it. The reviews have been excellent so couple that with the actors involved and I'm definitely intrigued.
I probably won't check it out. I like Christina, but the show premise doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy.

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,970 Posts
Here's another great review ...the buzz seems to be in high gear.

·
Drew != Drawn
4,862 Posts
TiVo'Brien said:
I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that it's set in the early 60's. I like when shows put effort into setting the mood with period clothes, props, etc.
You must have loved "Down With Love, then. I really enjoyed it for the reasons you describe - the period mood was perfectly set.

·
a rkester says what?
14,221 Posts
I just saw a promo for this last night and put it into my SPs to check out. I like the period stuff, and it sounded like it might be good. I was just shocked it was AMC of all places.

·
TCF Bookie
9,629 Posts
I set Tivo to record the first 2 episodes.
We'll see if I'm excited after that. :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts