TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

IR blaster control of OTA box on Series 1

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dstoffa 
#1 ·
How do I get my series 1 Philips Tivo to control my CM-7000 OTA converter box? Box code for the CN-7000 is 10092 but not on any of the Cable Box codes on my TIVO. Any way to hack the TIVO to add the box code or is it easier to hack the CM-7000 D2A OTA box to accept the serial output of the TIVO?

#2 ·
As I understand it, there are only a few digital OTA boxes that the Series 1 knows the codes for.

People have come up with hacks that would insert a new code set for the Series 1 to use, but supposedly the next time the TiVo phones home, the software can be changed back to how it was before.

Someone did do a thread recently about what boxes the Series 1 can already control...

I'll try to find it for you.

I use an Echostar DTV Pal, since that uses the Dish Network IR commands, and I just lie to the TiVo and claim I'm using a Dish box but remove all but locals from my channels list.

EDIT:
Try these-

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=466473

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=462958

#3 ·
I use an Echostar DTV Pal, since that uses the Dish Network IR commands, and I just lie to the TiVo and claim I'm using a Dish box but remove all but locals from my channels list.
Can you tune to sub-channels from the Tivo?

#4 ·
I also have used the Echostar DTV Pal, but was not able to tune to the subchannels using the IR cables.

The reason that I originally bought the Echostar DTV Pal was to use with a VCR. The Echostar DTV Pal has an option to have it tune to a particular station at a particular time, so U don't have to use the IR cables. But I got Tivo just about that time, so never tried it out. In that way U could record on the sub stations. I did read later that feature did not work very good.

I was working on my replaytv and was surprised that I could change the download speed on the phone, and even more surprised that I could also do that on a Tivo. Now I am wondering what other wonderful things are possible to do on the Tivo that aren't in the book. I know some of them from this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.