TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the forums with no luck for info on this because I'm sure its been asked...

I just got a Ipod video (aka ipod with video) and I need to know a few things

1. How can I get shows from my tivo onto my ipod (Do I only need the Tivo Desktop 2.3 software or is there something else)?

2. What about shows I have on my TD 2.2? Will those be erased?

And most importantly

3. How can I put my dvd's or other video clips onto my ipod?

I would really appreciate a simple breakdown because I am a rookie at this computer stuff. Any veterans out there with some advice?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Question 1:

Here is a link to a way to do it for "free" today - TTG 2.3 coming soon for a fee
http://www.engadget.com/2005/10/18/how-to-get-tv-shows-off-of-your-tivo-and-onto-your-ipod-with/

I say "free" because it takes alot of steps.
Question 2: Probably not - when the release version 2.2, the files from version 2.1 still worked so you should be fine.

Question 3:
http://www.pqdvd.com/

This company has a package that you can use to convert either .Tivo files or a DVD file to Ipod. It has a free download you can use to convert up to 10 minutes of a file for a sample. Perfect for videos.

·
Funkadelic
3,527 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have tried TVHarmony to convert for the Ipod. The problem is it freezes the ipod and then no sound. I also have PQDVD it works but the picture is not the full width.
Any ideas on why TVHarmony would freeze. I am using the latest version as of 2_6_2006.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hipops said:
I have tried TVHarmony to convert for the Ipod. The problem is it freezes the ipod and then no sound. I also have PQDVD it works but the picture is not the full width.
Any ideas on why TVHarmony would freeze. I am using the latest version as of 2_6_2006.
This is due to the latest iPod firmware release. If you step back, everything works again. Even the stuff you have on the iPod already.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've tried Videora, VLC & TVHarmony as described in this thread. The only thing that I got to work was TVHarmony. Even this I don't seem to get all of the show, sometimes the beginning part gets cut out even when I don't use any commercial skip?!?!?

My 2 cents...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.