TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use an RTI remote control system to control my TiVo Premiere via IP commands. Do the Bolt and Bolt+ support IP commands? Will the commands I'm using for the Premiere work? Thanks much for any insights.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
There is only one Tivo IP command for apps - NETFLIX. Maybe more will get added in the future, but you'll have to set up number shortcuts for other apps for now and send IRCODE NUM1, 2, etc. to launch them. For example, I've put Prime on shortcut 6, so my TCP script is:

TELEPORT TIVO (to get to the home screen from where ever you might currently be, otherwise will num command will do nothing or just change the channel)
Delay 3 sec (needed on my sluggish Roamio, may be quicker on Bolt)
IRCODE NUM6

I've implemented every possible IP command EXCEPT power because I find standby to be a PITA. I don't know if discrete power commands exist or even still work if they do exist.

Here's the protocol manual, but many commands have been deprecated, and some are not listed at all.
https://www.tivo.com/assets/images/.../TiVo_TCP_Network_Remote_Control_Protocol.pdf

See this thread for more commands which aren't in the manual:
TiVo UI Control via Telnet - No Hacking Required!

You're welcome to hack your way through and see if you can find any other commands, i.e., HULU, PRIME, HBO, etc. Please post your results.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is only one Tivo IP command for apps - NETFLIX. Maybe more will get added in the future, but you'll have to set up number shortcuts for other apps for now and send IRCODE NUM1, 2, etc. to launch them. For example, I've put Prime on shortcut 6, so my TCP script is:

TELEPORT TIVO (to get to the home screen from where ever you might currently be, otherwise will num command will do nothing or just change the channel)
Delay 3 sec (needed on my sluggish Roamio, may be quicker on Bolt)
IRCODE NUM6

I've implemented every possible IP command EXCEPT power because I find standby to be a PITA. I don't know if discrete power commands exist or even still work if they do exist.

Here's the protocol manual, but many commands have been deprecated, and some are not listed at all.
https://www.tivo.com/assets/images/.../TiVo_TCP_Network_Remote_Control_Protocol.pdf

See this thread for more commands which aren't in the manual:
TiVo UI Control via Telnet - No Hacking Required!

You're welcome to hack your way through and see if you can find any other commands, i.e., HULU, PRIME, HBO, etc. Please post your results.
This is great info. Thank you very much. I like your idea of number shortcuts. I am not familiar with these, is this set up in the Hydra interface? How many number shortcuts are there, 0 - 9?

Basically "presets" that are then called with your simple script? From an end users perspective they are direct selecting apps, although a quick pause at the home screen. brilliant!

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is great info. Thank you very much. I like your idea of number shortcuts. I am not familiar with these, is this set up in the Hydra interface? How many number shortcuts are there, 0 - 9?
Search is my friend. Did I read that this is set up on the Bolt only and not on each mini? Each mini will pick up presets from the bolt?

"Adding your own shortcuts
You can easily add up to five of your own shortcuts to the list as well; for example, to get quick access to a streaming app like Netflix or Hulu. Here's how:

1. While on the Home screen, press the A button on your remote control.
  2. Enter an available shortcut number for the item you want.

3. The new shortcut will appear on the Home screen."
Home

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.