TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
okay--last night I got a middle Eastern fella whose name was Dave. He told me he had never paired a card but will do his best to help me. I was not encouraged. He asked for the host and data, according to his script. Nothing happened. He then told me to restart the box. I told him this wasnt a typical cable box and resterting has never solved a pairing problem in my experience. But...I did unplug the Premiere and we both waited the solid 5 minutes it takes to boot. All of a sudden I had picture and sound!. He was just as happy as I. He had paired his first card and I was left to wonder if a restart at any time before that would have saved me a lot of time. Either way I am enjoying my TE3 experience. My 3rd box- BOLT-$14.99//ROAMIO-$9.99 AND THE PREMIERE-$14.99!!! i FOUGHT BACK- said this was my 3rd box/ why is the Premiere more expensive than the Roamio. She ignored me and just said "thats the price".

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Hi all, quick update. My Premiere sadly never updated after a couple weeks of sitting untouched so I went ahead and purchased a WD Purple 3TB to do the rebuild. Can anyone validate that this drive should be compatible with my 746320?

WD Purple 3TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch WD30PURZ - Newegg.com
I will guess yes. As it is a CMR drive and it has AV type firmware. AND Weaknees uses it for some of their upgrades.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally got past the guided setup loop on a Series 4 that I picked up today.

I went through setup about 7 times with my zipcode and with 00000 the version stayed at 20.4.5c-01-2-846.
On the "Getting Setup Info" screen, after download, the Tivo would reboot. And never get to "Disconnecting" and "Loading Info". It just went black and started over.

Here's what I did to get past that...
I changed internet to a static address without DHCP. I'm not sure if this had anything to with it working.

I changed my country to Canada and filled zipcode with all zeroes, lots of them. It went through the cycle and rebooted.

This time I changed my country back to USA and set the zipcode to 00001. Now it didn't reboot after downloading. It made it to the "Loading Info" and counted up to 100%.

It displayed "(pending restart)" and "Press SELECT to continue"
After rebooting "Installing an update...This will take a few minutes."
It took about 2 hours and came to the country screen. I checked the version with INFO button, now at 20.7.4d.
I entered my correct zipcode and it updated for about 20 minutes. Everything is working now

21 - 27 of 27 Posts