TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Sadly, like so many other TiVo users, you came here and posted *AFTER* you did the wrong thing. :oops:

There are just SO MANY threads on bricked Series 4 (and 3, some 5 IIRC) TiVos after folks have run Guided Setup and/or CPI&TDL. You might have gotten away with it if you choose zipcode 00000, which is a 'test setting' that loads minimal data, but, you didn't. Along with having a too old firmware version, 20.5.9 RC 15, TiVo is also 'tweaking' their Guide Data. Read posts from @JoeKustra on that topic. He bricked a Series 5. I think he tried CPI&TDL on his when his Guide Data got wonky.

Older TiVos have been known to take DAYS (i.e. 3+) to process new Guide Data. But, you have the wrong firmware for the Guide Data. So, what exactly is your TiVo trying to do? Probably no one knows. Certainly no one answering the TiVo Hot Line at least. It needs to update itself to 20.7.3 before attempting to process the Guide Data. You might have to re-image.

AFAICT, my guess is that it is done downloading and now needs several days to process itself out of the hole it's in. Try disconnecting it from the internet for a few days. Regularly check the System Info page to see what it's been successful at doing. SEARCH TCF - you'll find lots to read here...

Good Luck! ;)
I am getting a 750500 today. I do not know how long it has been out of the loop. I should have asked, but I didnt. Can anyone tell me WHAT NOT TO DO?? I'm sure at some point I will be asked to run guided setup. Do I ignore it? Use 00000 zip code?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
okay--last night I got a middle Eastern fella whose name was Dave. He told me he had never paired a card but will do his best to help me. I was not encouraged. He asked for the host and data, according to his script. Nothing happened. He then told me to restart the box. I told him this wasnt a typical cable box and resterting has never solved a pairing problem in my experience. But...I did unplug the Premiere and we both waited the solid 5 minutes it takes to boot. All of a sudden I had picture and sound!. He was just as happy as I. He had paired his first card and I was left to wonder if a restart at any time before that would have saved me a lot of time. Either way I am enjoying my TE3 experience. My 3rd box- BOLT-$14.99//ROAMIO-$9.99 AND THE PREMIERE-$14.99!!! i FOUGHT BACK- said this was my 3rd box/ why is the Premiere more expensive than the Roamio. She ignored me and just said "thats the price".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts