TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I'm still hopeful my Premiere will get the updates it needs.
I hope so too. One thing you can try (maybe someone else mentioned this) is disconnect the internet after the DOWNLOAD is complete. IE when it gets to preparing to load. As mentioned the actual load can take a very long time, and even if it gets to 100% it can still be working on it (as another poster mentioned I think). I've run into reboots/failures if I leave internet connected while the actual load is taking place.

Another possible solution is check locally or on the net for the same model Premiere for sale (locally nice if can pickup). Do not need service on it I believe, just buying for the drive/OS. Can find in the $20 range for one with no service. Obviously with current issues with Premieres that have not connected in awhile would need to ask the seller what the OS version is. If whatever has been determined to be ok (20.7.something) could put the drive in your Premiere and see how it goes. Definitely will have to run clear and delete everything to "marry" it to your specific box. It SHOULD work but I made no guarantees.

Do try disconnecting the internet when download completes in your current try, when it hits the preparing to load screen. Just unplug the ethernet cable or the wireless adapter.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Do remember 100% loaded does NOT mean it is done, especially on a machine that has not successfully updated for a long time. To be safe after 100% completes keep it disconnected from the net for a day or two, let it finish processing in the background. Otherwise it will connect again, download something again which will interfere with what is still processing, may even overwrite it.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Hi all, quick update. My Premiere sadly never updated after a couple weeks of sitting untouched so I went ahead and purchased a WD Purple 3TB to do the rebuild. Can anyone validate that this drive should be compatible with my 746320?

WD Purple 3TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch WD30PURZ - Newegg.com
I will guess yes. As it is a CMR drive and it has AV type firmware. AND Weaknees uses it for some of their upgrades.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts