TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
TV-holic, improving
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the drought of new episodes, I'm surprised nobody has commented on the first new show of the year yet.

Although I'm determined to cut plain old procedurals with no additional 'gimmick' from my TV diet, I decided to check out all the new midseason shows.

There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the pilot, and the Constance Zimmer character seemed similar to Penny on Good Morning, Miami (who I loved there), but I wasn't impressed enough to keep the SP around.

·
Registered
26,126 Posts
jschuur said:
After the drought of new episodes, I'm surprised nobody has commented on the first new show of the year yet.
I haven't watched this yet, but at least according to the guide data, that's not the pilot. The pilot is scheduled to air in its regular time slot this week.

·
TV-holic, improving
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In Justice airs on ABC.

And yeah... silly me, thinking the first episode to air would be the one called 'Pilot' ;)

Post subject updated (Edit: I guess even as the thread starter, I can't update the actual subject in the list).

I'll go back and give the pilot episode a chance. Maybe it reveals that they're all lizard people in disguise, and I'll have my show gimmick.

·
bUU
10,671 Posts
I'll give the show another try, just because of Kyle MacLachlan, but, after watching a whole bunch of L&O/CSI reruns over the last week, it wasn't that impressive of a show by comparison.

·
Now 65 pounds less!
23,560 Posts
dthmj said:
I thought something was a little off for this being the Pilot... I kept thinking I was missing something, so I imagine, a the characters are introduced better in the next episode.
The first episode actually airs on Friday. I am not sure where the "sneak preview" episode falls chronologically. I am assuming that we will meet most of the characters in the technical first episode.

I enjoyed it - I will watch the premiere.

-Rose

·
Big and Tall
1,906 Posts
The show was ok, but not great. Not enough for me to take on another season pass.

·
Twins Plus One
210 Posts
Not too bad of a show...I'll think it might make it to the SP list if the Friday show is as good or better than the "Pilot".

·
Registered
111 Posts
firerose818 said:
The first episode actually airs on Friday. I am not sure where the "sneak preview" episode falls chronologically. I am assuming that we will meet most of the characters in the technical first episode.

I enjoyed it - I will watch the premiere.

-Rose
Yes, the real pilot airs on Friday and properly introduces all the characters - most importantly it explains why David Swain (Kyle MacLachlan) joined the National Justice Project.

Strangely though the scene with Jason O'Mara's character in couple's counseling was from the original pilot so they'll probably edit some new scene in the "second" episode.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
It bugs me that the premise of the entire show is that our jails are FULL of unJustly convicted people. Bah.

·
Custom User Title
3,694 Posts
5thcrewman said:
It bugs me that the premise of the entire show is that our jails are FULL of unJustly convicted people. Bah.
Given how many people we have in jail, even a small percentage would be a very big number.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
mrmike said:
Given how many people we have in jail, even a small percentage would be a very big number.
Not enough if you ask me!

·
Custom User Title
3,694 Posts
5thcrewman said:
Not enough if you ask me!
Not enough people in jail? How do you figure that? Or is this a general "There are still criminals, so we haven't locked enough people up" thing? (If this is gonna wander too far into the political we should avoid it, but I am curious what you meant)

·
Big and Tall
1,906 Posts
spartanstew said:
I'm a season pass whore, so I'll probably hang onto it.
[JerrySpringerChant]Whore!, whore!, whore!, whore!, whore![/JerrySpringerChant]
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
mrmike said:
Not enough people in jail? How do you figure that? Or is this a general "There are still criminals, so we haven't locked enough people up" thing? (If this is gonna wander too far into the political we should avoid it, but I am curious what you meant)
The too many criminals thing, gotta get'em to behave!

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME
12,582 Posts
Pretty decent show. It needs more drama though, and its not always easy to inject that into a program about getting the innocent out of prison. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I'll keep watching it for now, just because its different.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts