TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HR10-250 Lover
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there must be a way to get back to the beginning of a recording immediately instead of waiting.

can somebody help, please?

thanks.

·
HR10-250 Lover
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stevel said:
Press the "advance" button twice.
lol, that was easy. thanks, steve. :up:

·
What happened, TiVo?
2,219 Posts
If you have 30-sec skip enabled, hit the rewind button once, then hit the advance button until it jumps to the beginning (it will jump to each "tick" mark).

·
HR10-250 Lover
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AbMagFab said:
If you have 30-sec skip enabled, hit the rewind button once, then hit the advance button until it jumps to the beginning (it will jump to each "tick" mark).
ah, kinda like a chapter mark, cool.

thanks, Ab.

·
S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.
1,196 Posts
AbMagFab said:
This doesn't work for me in the live buffer but does work for a recording. However to get to the end of the live buffer (live viewing), the FF followed by the advance works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if there is a way to jump to beginning in live TV buffer, like you can while watching a recorded show (jump to end twice).

My Phillips Tivo had the ability to do this, upgraded to the Directv HD DVR Tivo and this function does not work.

Any suggestions?

·
What happened, TiVo?
2,219 Posts
iBeck said:
Just wondering if there is a way to jump to beginning in live TV buffer, like you can while watching a recorded show (jump to end twice).

My Phillips Tivo had the ability to do this, upgraded to the Directv HD DVR Tivo and this function does not work.

Any suggestions?
I thought if you hit rewind once, and then jump-to-tick a couple times, it would go to the beginning of the buffer.

·
What happened, TiVo?
2,219 Posts
iBeck said:
True,
This works on previously recorded programs, but not for live TV.

Anyone know a workaround?
I just did it, and it works perfectly. Actually only need to hit rewind and skip-to-tick once, and it goes to the beginning of the buffer.

Edit - works on 6.2, not on the HD Tivo... Another reason DirecTV sucks for not giving us 6.x on the HD Tivo...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.