TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We used to have a trigger where when someone rang our Ring Doorbell, our LIFX lights flashed blue in the living room and kitchen (they still do) and TiVo would Pause any live TV or recorded show that was playing.

It seems silly, but it really was one of the coolest thing in our "smart house"

The other thing we had was our other security outdoor cameras, if they detected motion there would be a TiVo notification popup "Motion detected at Garage Camera"

And whenever an Alexa timer went off we would see it pop up on TIVo too in case we didn't hear the echo in the other rooms.

I haven't had that much fun with TiVo notifications since they used to have Caller ID popups....I still wish they had that for even a land/voip line. Now, I wonder if that feature would still work on an older TiVo that has an RJ45 telephone port.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used to use it just to stay hey Alexa pause the tivo. It was nice if I was cooking or something or just couldn’t find the remote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was cool. I think I got this working with Harmony Hub at least. But who knows how long Logitech/Alexa will be supported 5-10 years from now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts