TiVo Community Forum banner
821 - 840 of 845 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm waiting for my cable card so I've been using my Bolt for streaming only at this time. Can you tell me how wishlists appear in 'my shows'? There used to be a folder with a star but without any folders showing, do wishlists appear differently then regular shows? What category does Tivo put them in? TiVo doesn't know if it's movies or TV shows and I noticed there's no subcategory called 'Wishlists'.

·
Unregistered User
323 Posts
The new update just came out.
The main screen is a horror!
You can't see the menu items on one screen anymore. You need to scroll right and they don't show the numbers you've selected for your menu items.
Why does it get worse and worse? What is this left to right business?
Jeezus. Who is programming this nonsense? Hydra just needs to be scrapped. Get back to the basics. Stop jerking TiVo users around.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The new update just came out.
The main screen is a horror!
You can't see the menu items on one screen anymore. You need to scroll right and they don't show the numbers you've selected for your menu items.
Why does it get worse and worse? What is this left to right business?
This has been my complaint with Hydra from the start. There was already way too much horizontal scrolling for certain things. I disliked Roku for their horizontal everything back in the day and they finally moved away from it(like many interfaces are doing these days) But here comes Tivo, doubling down on even more horizontal scrolling. WOW.

Then they go and make the guide look like a simplified Excel spreadsheet. It looks awesome is when I hit guide on my Roamio and it sits on a screen of just white horizontal lines for several seconds before finally loading the data. the new guide looks like like complete [email protected] IMO.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The HD question in wishlists has not been addressed as of April 2018. I noticed that for onepasses, you can set a default for all future one passes, but there is no such thing for wishlists. The default is yes which seems like a bad default if you want to get the show, no matter what resolution it's in.
The wishlist HD question has been corrected in the brand new release. It's the main menu that's terrible.

·
Bryan
423 Posts
[...] in the brand new release. It's the main menu that's terrible.
You realize it's only your opinion that the new main menu is terrible, right? Others like myself like it as it's cleaner.

I'm sure the thinking was to only display the items chosen 98% of the time by users. Everything else goes in Menu (MANAGE, SETTINGS, HELP, STANDBY). This prevents people who just want to watch TV from wading through menus items dealing with recording shows, system settings and TiVO system info.

Most non-TCF users use TiVO for viewing TV shows/movies not menu surfing. ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
This has been my complaint with Hydra from the start. There was already way too much horizontal scrolling for certain things. I disliked Roku for their horizontal everything back in the day and they finally moved away from it(like many interfaces are doing these days) But here comes Tivo, doubling down on even more horizontal scrolling. WOW.

Then they go and make the guide look like a simplified Excel spreadsheet. It looks awesome is when I hit guide on my Roamio and it sits on a screen of just white horizontal lines for several seconds before finally loading the data. the new guide looks like like complete [email protected] IMO.
How is it very different from what it was before? All guides look like spreadsheets

·
I'm Feeling Blue
303 Posts
How is it very different from what it was before? All guides look like spreadsheets
It's not very different in function, but the formatting is quite different than it was and looks as if it was designed fifteen years ago. Personally, I don't care for the new look and think it diminishes Hydra's overall presentation, but on the other hand I spend so little time looking at the guide it'll never be all that important to me.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
It's not very different in function, but the formatting is quite different than it was and looks as if it was designed fifteen years ago. Personally, I don't care for the new look and think it diminishes Hydra's overall presentation, but on the other hand I spend so little time looking at the guide it'll never be all that important to me.
I agree. But every time I see a commercial for Xfinity or satellite, there seems to be that skinny guide in the background. Fashion trend?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dish Network fits 3 hours of programming in their guide and 7 lines. I think Dish has the best programmers for a DVR. My community switched from Dish to Spectrum so I'm stuck with Spectrum... so I got TiVo. But other than the more powerful wishlists than Dish's DISH PASS, Dish has many more superior features than Tivo.

·
Registered
310 Posts
There are issues with game shows & other shows on Wishlists .

Match Game and many other older shows run in the daytime.

If i type Match Game and then under category I select "daytime: game shows", the show will not record!

If I remove the category the show will record.

Why is that?

If I want to watch match game with host Gene Rayburn as opposed to host Alec Baldwin if I put a host in there the wishlist will not record and yet for the show itself Gene Rayburn is listed in the cast. Why is that?

821 - 840 of 845 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.