TiVo Community Forum banner
661 - 680 of 845 Posts

·
UHD Addict
24,276 Posts
Friend asked me if he could upgrade a mini to Hydra but leave his Bolt alone, for now. Is that possible?
The Mini needs to have the same software as it's host TiVo. So if the host TiVo is on the HDUI then the Mini needs to be on the HDUI. If the host TiVo is on Hydra, then the Mini needs to be on Hydra.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One thing I have been noticing consistently is when I resume a partially watched recording on the TV from the Android app, the recording always starts from the beginning.

This was not an issue pre-Hydra.
YES! This is currently my second biggest complaint about Hydra (the first being these periods when I can't view recordings at all). What is happening, as far as I can tell, is that the TiVo does not recognize that you've partially watched the show (notice that you won't see a Resume or Start Over button after you exit the recording; and the colored bar shows no indication that you watched anything). I can usually work-around this by pressing the Back button to return to the Main menu and then going back to the recording. It now lists correctly - most of the time. Very annoying.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm trying: Guide->HBO->Select (switched to HBO), then Enter (last) and I'm back to ESPN where I started.

This is on a Bolt (were you referring to this issue only on a mini?, if so, sorry for my post)
Isn't Steve talking about a last channel problem with the "Mini" and not the server?

Or is it on both?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone else think Hydra sucks? I jumped right in when I got a MiniVox for my bedroom, but I am totally regretting it now. The usability on the system has gone way down, and it just isn't stable. Anyone know if I keep my Bolt on Hydra, can I transfer shows over to my Roamio Pro if I downgrade the Roamio Pro, by using the web interface? Also, I think the fonts and UI just don't look good on Hydra, everything seems fuzzy or something, I can't put my finger on it. The whole situation is making me take a hard look at DirecTV.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Also, I think the fonts and UI just don't look good on Hydra, everything seems fuzzy or something, I can't put my finger on it. The whole situation is making me take a hard look at DirecTV.
I had a problem with TiVo selecting 720p for my 1080i display when "auto-detect" was selected. de-selecting auto, and only selecting 1080i in settings was the only way I could get TiVo to properly output 1080i

·
Registered
776 Posts
So I have an issue with my mini v2 running hydra. If I am viewing a channel and then use the guide to select another channel and view it, the ENTER key does NOT swap between the two channels(ie. Swap to previous channel). I hear the kerplunk sound but nothing happens.

Now if I am on a channel and enter the channel number to goto another channel, the ENTER key DOES work to swap between the two. It only when selecting a channel from the guide when the ENTER key doesn't work.

I don't think I have this issue on my Roamios or Bolt. I think it is exclusive to the minis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steve

·
Mount Airy, MD
728 Posts
Mid-afternoon today, while checking my TiVo's To Do list...I see an Iron Chef Showdown scheduled to record at 6 pm. I'm pretty certain the guide data is wrong...pretty sure we've seen this show. But I let it record anyway.

A little after 7 pm, My Shows has FOUR entries for this show. Two titled Iron Chef Showdown, two titled IRON. WTF?

I play the top-most entry...yeah...it's a repeat. I return to My Shows and delete it...and all four entries disappear.

I don't know what to think...is Hydra getting better or worse?

·
TiVotarian
2,612 Posts
Weird info/Display issue today with 21.7.2.RC11

This morning at around 10am I elected to watch GMA which was recorded from 7am-9am.
I started by pressing TiVO twice to get to MyShows, down to select the latest program in MyShows (Sorted by date, no episode strip), Select to choose the one program in the list of one program, then Select to Play. Note that in the detail screen the program information was correct.

Now the transport/position is not displaying correctly and the Info screen during playback showed the information for the program that was now currently on the same channel, "Live with Kelly and Ryan".

In the display below, it should be showing the TiVO logo on the left instead of 9:00am, 0min instead of 7:53am and 2h instead of 10am (program ended at 9am)

So we seem to have a mix of a completed previously recorded program selected from MyShows and some attempt of showing the live recording buffer. And even if you try to explain away that mix, the transport bar should never go all the way to the left side of the screen striking through the start time of the program.

Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Line Gas

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I'm having an issue with a disappearing tuner after reboots (perhaps only when I have to pull the plug?).

All the channels revert to Channel 1 (which isn't really a channel in my area). 5 of the 6 tuners will be OK, but one of them basically gets sucked into the ether. When I hit the right directional arrow key, the missing tuner shows as a white box with no information in it. Cycling through the tuners (via repeated Live TV presses on the remote) completely skips the missing tuner; so there's just no way to get to it. The only fix I've discovered is to quickly reset the active channel on all six tuners shortly after the reboot. Diagnostics shows something weird for the missing tuner - next time this happens I'll try to post it.

This has happened at least three times that I know of.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Here's a new one.. the latest update has deleted all the posters and graphics for shows. It's been replaced with basic text. It makes navigating with anything but the tv guide very difficult. Yay TiVo!!
Mid-afternoon today, while checking my TiVo's To Do list...I see an Iron Chef Showdown scheduled to record at 6 pm. I'm pretty certain the guide data is wrong...pretty sure we've seen this show. But I let it record anyway.

A little after 7 pm, My Shows has FOUR entries for this show. Two titled Iron Chef Showdown, two titled IRON. WTF?

I play the top-most entry...yeah...it's a repeat. I return to My Shows and delete it...and all four entries disappear.

I don't know what to think...is Hydra getting better or worse?
Weird info/Display issue today with 21.7.2.RC11

This morning at around 10am I elected to watch GMA which was recorded from 7am-9am.
I started by pressing TiVO twice to get to MyShows, down to select the latest program in MyShows (Sorted by date, no episode strip), Select to choose the one program in the list of one program, then Select to Play. Note that in the detail screen the program information was correct.

Now the transport/position is not displaying correctly and the Info screen during playback showed the information for the program that was now currently on the same channel, "Live with Kelly and Ryan".

In the display below, it should be showing the TiVO logo on the left instead of 9:00am, 0min instead of 7:53am and 2h instead of 10am (program ended at 9am)

So we seem to have a mix of a completed previously recorded program selected from MyShows and some attempt of showing the live recording buffer. And even if you try to explain away that mix, the transport bar should never go all the way to the left side of the screen striking through the start time of the program.

View attachment 32092
I'm having an issue with a disappearing tuner after reboots (perhaps only when I have to pull the plug?).

All the channels revert to Channel 1 (which isn't really a channel in my area). 5 of the 6 tuners will be OK, but one of them basically gets sucked into the ether. When I hit the right directional arrow key, the missing tuner shows as a white box with no information in it. Cycling through the tuners (via repeated Live TV presses on the remote) completely skips the missing tuner; so there's just no way to get to it. The only fix I've discovered is to quickly reset the active channel on all six tuners shortly after the reboot. Diagnostics shows something weird for the missing tuner - next time this happens I'll try to post it.

This has happened at least three times that I know of.
Wow...haven't seen ANY of these on my two Roamio Pros. Weird that some people have so many problems and others have so few.

661 - 680 of 845 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.