TiVo Community Forum banner
641 - 660 of 845 Posts

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
I think there were major server problems last night. I was getting SBCs on my dry* Roamio and search was "temporarily unavailable".

* It occurred to me a while back that moisture and electronic equipment don't usually get along very well. Just sayin'. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Another bug I've found, when quick select is on for live programming and it's almost caught up to live (30 seconds before), the quick select mode stops and the programming then jumps 30s forward to live (essentially, you miss 30s of the program).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Both Tivo and people who participated in the beta have said so.
Those in the beta are not supposed to be talking about it.
But it didn't happen in the beta so it's not a case of what happened in the beta stays in the beta because it did not happen in the beta.

Wow too many double negatives.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry if this is already noted elsewhere (I searched and couldn't find-happy to upvote the existing post if someone points me there) but, in Hydra's Wishlist Recording Options, change the wording and/or options of the

"Get in HD" item

to eliminate confusion.

Currently, the options are Yes/No. To my initial understanding, I assumed (wrongly) that selecting "No" translated effectively to "do not get (record) this program if broadcast in high definition".

When troubleshooting a Sports wishlist of mine, I discovered that my local channel's HD games weren't included because they're incorrectly marked in the program description as SD (that's a separate guide data and not Hydra issue, I know, I'm only providing the context that led me to my issue with the UI of Hydra's Wishlist "Get in HD" item).

When I changed the Wishlist's Recording Option "Get in HD" to No...the list populates with both HD and SD broadcasts, inclusive. I don't think the current wording properly indicates this as the expected behavior.

"Require HD" would be a better way to label this option, and the simplest fix. Or substitute this with a different setting that gives

• SD only
  • HD only
  • SD + HD
My memory fails me, because I'm not a frequent user of Wishlists (only sent up 2-3 over 10 years of Tivo-ing) but I could've sworn the old UI had this covered with an option that was labeled "get in HD if available" or something similar.

·
I heard that
14,611 Posts
But it didn't happen in the beta so it's not a case of what happened in the beta stays in the beta because it did not happen in the beta.

Wow too many double negatives.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk
I have been told that the statement that this did not occur during the beta has been deleted. I haven't bothered to verify because I really don't care. I know the facts on the best authority.

·
TiVotarian
2,612 Posts
Sorry if this is already noted elsewhere (I searched and couldn't find-happy to upvote the existing post if someone points me there) but, in Hydra's Wishlist Recording Options, change the wording and/or options of the

"Get in HD" item

to eliminate confusion.

Currently, the options are Yes/No. To my initial understanding, I assumed (wrongly) that selecting "No" translated effectively to "do not get (record) this program if broadcast in high definition".

When troubleshooting a Sports wishlist of mine, I discovered that my local channel's HD games weren't included because they're incorrectly marked in the program description as SD (that's a separate guide data and not Hydra issue, I know, I'm only providing the context that led me to my issue with the UI of Hydra's Wishlist "Get in HD" item).

When I changed the Wishlist's Recording Option "Get in HD" to No...the list populates with both HD and SD broadcasts, inclusive. I don't think the current wording properly indicates this as the expected behavior.

"Require HD" would be a better way to label this option, and the simplest fix. Or substitute this with a different setting that gives

• SD only
  • HD only
  • SD + HD
My memory fails me, because I'm not a frequent user of Wishlists (only sent up 2-3 over 10 years of Tivo-ing) but I could've sworn the old UI had this covered with an option that was labeled "get in HD if available" or something similar.
Also mentioned here
TiVo Hydra/Gen4 User Interface reviews and comments thread

Comparing old to new
On the HDUI
Record only in HD Yes/No

On Hydra
Record in HD Yes/No

I may have been mistaken saying Get vs Record

In any case, in Wishlists the choice in Hydra for "Get in HD" is Yes/No, the old text was "Get only in HD"
In a standard One Pass the choice for both HDUI and Hydra for "Get in HD" is If Possible/Always/Never

I don't understand why there is a difference in how they treat the HD question for Wishlist vs OnePass but I wish the Wishlist choices matched the OnePass choices which are easy to understand.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
Well Ted said yesterday that there will be a new Gen3 and Gen4 with some goodies in Jan. Hopefully some of the "minor design flaws" issues discussed since Gen4 came out will be addressed. They have just been putting out fires more or less so far, and I do understand that.

Not for me then, maybe not ever...I hope someday next year to upgrade.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Well Ted said yesterday that there will be a new Gen3 and Gen4 with some goodies in Jan. Hopefully some of the "minor design flaws" issues discussed since Gen4 came out will be addressed. They have just been putting out fires more or less so far, and I do understand that.

Not for me then, maybe not ever...I hope someday next year to upgrade.
Where did he say this?

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
One thing I have been noticing consistently is when I resume a partially watched recording on the TV from the Android app, the recording always starts from the beginning.

This was not an issue pre-Hydra.
Oops, sorry I read that post wrong, did not see it was about the App, BUT I am going to make a separate thread for the Resume Point for Gen3. IT IS TOTALLY CRAZY WHAT IT DOES in many different situations . I think its worse in the last few updates and am totally not surprised it is screwed up in Gen4...:rolleyes:

It has and always been screwed up before in too many situations. A PITA.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Curious how many others have had audio issues with RC11.. My Roamio Plus is connected via HDMI to a Denon AVR-X2300H receiver.. I've come across two instances so far where I have lost audio. I have power saving disabled:

1) While watching a recorded show, apparently the cable had gone out at some point during the recording, and I had about 5-6 minutes of black with no audio. When the signal returned to the recording, the Tivo was not outputting the audio during the playback. Only the video. I was able to resolve the issue by switching HDMI inputs on the receiver and going back to the Tivo. Apparently the HDMI handshake corrected it.

2) Last night during live TV, we had paused live TV for a while.. When the buffer expired, I pressed record to record the show, and then paused it again. When I resumed the show 5 minutes later, again there was no audio. Switching HDMI sources once again resolved it.

641 - 660 of 845 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.