TiVo Community Forum banner
581 - 600 of 845 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm hoping RC11 solves the bug where if you change a recording list to date, at some point it will change back to sorting by season. I like to have newest recordings at the top with the date listed next to it. Consistently it defaults back to listing by season with the newest episode at the bottom of the list.
What I would really like to see is the sort option to reverse season. So the most recent season it at the top with the most recent episode at the top of that season. I somehow got that view at one point when I selected something accidentally off the main menu but when I go to My Shows and select a a show, the seasons are always sorted with the first episode being at the top. I can't seem to reverse that.

I like the season separationg but don't like the episode order within a season.

As for my double episode listing, I got the RC9 update on all my boxes and minis by forcing a connection and doing a restart. That seems to have cleared it up. I believe I was on RC8 prior.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I got RC9 today on both Roamios. I had severe lagging issues last night and even had blue spinning circles when using the grid guide. The multiple resolutions don't work yet so had to go into VUDU and run a trailer to get that to work.

·
Registered
776 Posts
A or C (I forget which one) does that. It's the order I use, so I know it's possible.
Hmm, I'll have to play with the letters tonight. I don't remember seeing anything but "B" listed at the bottom of the screen, so I thought that was the only option.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
I dunno about Hydra, but the sort options under the "Gen3" UI are controlled by the "B" button and they are "date","season", and "newest". Assuming it's still available on a Hydrated TiVo, the latter should get you what you want.

Edit: That's within a folder. Sort options for "My Shows" are "date" and "name".

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Hmm, I'll have to play with the letters tonight. I don't remember seeing anything but "B" listed at the bottom of the screen, so I thought that was the only option.

Thanks
Depending where you are at the "a" button does two different things. In TiVo Central it will allow you to add additional short cuts to the menu system. In my shows it allows some display options in the "my shows" menu. One is you can changes from tiles to lists. Also while in My shows the "b" button will sort the my shows list by name or by date. The "c" button just moves you along the action bar in My shows to the right for each button press. You can also accomplish this by using the right arrow button. To me the "c" button is worthless and should be programmed to do something else.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@TiVo_Ted I continue to see video resolution output problems as of RC9 with my Roamio and 2nd Gen Minis. After receiving the RC8 and RC9 updates when they boot back up they are stuck in 720 mode. If you uncheck the boxes for supported resolutions and check them back enough times some sequence seems to enable it to switch between 720P and 1080i correctly again when switching between those types of channels but it takes a lot of tries. If you select the 1080P 24/25 Pass through mode on either that still totally messes up 1080i channels. Instead of keeping them 1080i at 60fps it changes it to 1080p at 30fps and it looks very bad. Everything in the gui at that point only render at 480p according to the system info screen. This is my number one gripe with hydra at this point and I'm surprised I don't see more complaints about this. Getting native video resolutions as well as supporting the 1080p pass through modes like in the previous interface is very important to me.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
@TiVo_Ted I continue to see video resolution output problems as of RC9 with my Roamio and 2nd Gen Minis. After receiving the RC8 and RC9 updates when they boot back up they are stuck in 720 mode. If you uncheck the boxes for supported resolutions and check them back enough times some sequence seems to enable it to switch between 720P and 1080i correctly again when switching between those types of channels but it takes a lot of tries. If you select the 1080P 24/25 Pass through mode on either that still totally messes up 1080i channels. Instead of keeping them 1080i at 60fps it changes it to 1080p at 30fps and it looks very bad. Everything in the gui at that point only render at 480p according to the system info screen. This is my number one gripe with hydra at this point and I'm surprised I don't see more complaints about this. Getting native video resolutions as well as supporting the 1080p pass through modes like in the previous interface is very important to me.
I have been working with Ted on this issue. You need to send him a PM about this and state on how your TiVo is hooked to your TV and what the model and make of the equipment you are using. Also if you are using a Bolt or Roamio.
TiVo_Ted
Select the info tab and then click on start a conversation. Posting here will not result in him seeing this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sure I will do that, I was hoping doing the @thing with his name would notify him somehow of the post, I'll be glad to help troubleshoot however I can. It's really the only annoying thing about hydra to me at this point now that the v66 errors are fixed.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Sure I will do that, I was hoping doing the @thing with his name would notify him somehow of the post, I'll be glad to help troubleshoot however I can. It's really the only annoying thing about hydra to me at this point now that the v66 errors are fixed.
It only provides a link to his profile page. It is best to contact him directly as you will have a better chance of him seeing the issue. A lot of posts on Hydra are non Hydra related so he may never see the important ones. I am not certain he is even subscribed to this thread and if he is/was he could've unsubscribed from it as some of these threads get a lot of posts and I don't think he has the time to read everything.

·
Registered
370 Posts
In "My Shows" options (hit A) does anyone else have the ability to check and uncheck "paused" greyed out. I actually would like to turn that view off but if I try I get the "BONG" sound. "TV Series and Movies" are also permanently checked too.

Just trying to figure out if this is a bug or those are just required options

·
Registered
776 Posts
A or C (I forget which one) does that. It's the order I use, so I know it's possible.
So neither worked. When in the show's episode listing, B will sort by either Date or Season and that's it. When sorting by Season, it lists the earliest season first then episode 1 first. Hitting A does nothing and C changes from Recordings to Watchlist, however I see no real change.

·
Banned
1,642 Posts
No one else is experiencing the P103 Parental Controls error? It simply will not allow me to play any recorded shows when enabled. Bolt 1TB, 4 Minis.
Yes this is a major issue here. I believe it stems from the source of the recording. For example, with the PC on, All in the Family recorded from a local channel will throw the code, if it's recorded from a cable channel, it's fine. (I move shows between a ota unit and a cable card unit)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes this is a major issue here. I believe it stems from the source of the recording. For example, with the PC on, All in the Family recorded from a local channel will throw the code, if it's recorded from a cable channel, it's fine. (I move shows between a ota unit and a cable card unit)
Just curious...Why move shows between TiVo's when you can watch shows recorded on one from the other?

·
Banned
1,642 Posts
Just curious...Why move shows between TiVo's when you can watch shows recorded on one from the other?
I have a subnet where after a transfer, I can move the wife's roamio to it and therefore she can't delete shows from mine. The minis are connected mocha to hers on the subnet, but if I connect a mini to the Ethernet at the same time(where my roamio sits on the main net) the mini will see all three roamios. So glad the minis do not bridge the Ethernet and mocha connections! I can control all three units with a mini, and she can't delete or view shows of my roamio by accident.

The kids minis are on the mocha subnet only, they only see her roamio.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a subnet where after a transfer, I can move the wife's roamio to it and therefore she can't delete shows from mine. The minis are connected mocha to hers on the subnet, but if I connect a mini to the Ethernet at the same time(where my roamio sits on the main net) the mini will see all three roamios. So glad the minis do not bridge the Ethernet and mocha connections! I can control all three units with a mini, and she can't delete or view shows of my roamio by accident.

The kids minis are on the mocha subnet only, they only see her roamio.
That's very interesting ...

I didn't know the Mini's ethernet and MoCA interfaces could operate on two different subnets at the same time like that ...

Apologize for my bad memory about IP networking topologies, but assuming the home Router is on the main network of course. How is lP addressing and internet access done on the MoCA subnet?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,642 Posts
That's very interesting ...

I didn't know the Mini's ethernet and MoCA interfaces could operate on two different subnets at the same time like that ...

Apologize for my bad memory about IP networking topologies, but assuming the home Router is on the main network of course. How is lP addressing and internet access done on the MoCA subnet?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
I just use another router hooked up to the main one. I also have 2 isp's, I can move subnet to the other provider is the data is reaching the max on one of them.

Yes the mini's when set to moca, will allow Ethernet usage on a different network and see tivo devices on it concurrently. The eth and moca are never bridged on the minis.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I quickly did some testing before I left for work this morning and it would appear the problem has been resolved in RC9 (which must have been pushed to my BOLT overnight).

581 - 600 of 845 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.