TiVo Community Forum banner
421 - 440 of 845 Posts

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
My Home screen won't even load this morning. I can't even play back local recordings.
I think we've hit rock bottom in their server-side-processing-is-needed-to-do-something architecture.
I don't think it's a Hydra problem. When I try What to Watch Now the screen stays blank.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I don't think it's a Hydra problem. When I try What to Watch Now the screen stays blank.
Were you ever locked out of playing local recordings with the gen3 UI when TiVo's servers weren't operating properly? I don't think I ever was. Sure, extraneous stuff like "What to Watch Now" wouldn't work, but I could still watch recordings.

(A reboot resolved my issue. I was editing when you were replying. Maybe it was a bug in the Hydra codebase and not necessarily a sign that even more basic functionality is network-dependent in Hydra.)

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
Were you ever locked out of playing local recordings with the gen3 UI when TiVo's servers weren't operating properly? I don't think I ever was. Sure, extraneous stuff like "What to Watch Now" wouldn't work, but I could still watch recordings.
No, it never stopped playing. I'm still on 20.7.4 and WTWN is ok now.

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
I had times when I had to trick the My Shows list to play when I got blue circles prior to Hydra. Had to wait then could only play single episodes or entire folders via the play button. Couldn’t drill into episode folders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Component-connected mini display is slightly overscanning the screen.

View attachment 31184
Having same issue on 2 separate TV since upgrading to Hydra. TV 1 had a Bolt connected via HDMI to a 720p LG 42inch screen. TV 2 is a Mini A92 connected via HDM to a 720p 37inch screen. Any ideas about how to correct? I've tried switching inputs, resolutions and toggling panel, full, wide, etc... No luck.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Come on you expect us to read 70 pages of documentation to better understand how tivo hydra works? Are you insane in this day and age reading documents is a lost art.. I think you are maybe expecting too much from us, don't you think? Jk.. very valid point you made.
Well, if you don't take the time to know how it is supposed to work, then how can you call a difference from the Classic UI a bug? At least half of the "issues" reported are of the 'I used to <some action> and now I can't.'

This is not a new version of the UI, this is a totally new UI. Get to know it before you trash it.

BTW: just reading the first 8 or so pages (the Quick Guide) is probably enough to solve a LOT of issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Having same issue on 2 separate TV since upgrading to Hydra. TV 1 had a Bolt connected via HDMI to a 720p LG 42inch screen. TV 2 is a Mini A92 connected via HDM to a 720p 37inch screen. Any ideas about how to correct? I've tried switching inputs, resolutions and toggling panel, full, wide, etc... No luck.
Update: So I played around with TV 2 just now and was able to get the overscanning to stop by changing the resolution setting on the TV to "just scan." Unfortunately there is no such option on TV 1 and I am still experiencing the issue. This leads me to think that the issue is partially TV related. TV 1 is 10 years old but I never had this issue before with my Premier 4 or Tvio HD.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Hydra clearly is designed to use much more of the screen edges than Encore (classic UI)...on all our TVs the time and TiVo logo at the top of the screen are just barely on screen.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Well, if you don't take the time to know how it is supposed to work, then how can you call a difference from the Classic UI a bug? At least half of the "issues" reported are of the 'I used to <some action> and now I can't.'

This is not a new version of the UI, this is a totally new UI. Get to know it before you trash it.

BTW: just reading the first 8 or so pages (the Quick Guide) is probably enough to solve a LOT of issues.
Yes this is the major issue some are having with Hydra as they are expecting it to be just like the old classic UI. Those that use the old Live Guide are complaining but there is a new version of it as a main feature of Hydra. Just press the up arrow and you will see the new version of it. You can jump three tiles forward just by pressing the fast forward button. Pressing the rewind button takes you back three tiles. You can manually enter a channel number and the guide will change to that channel without changing the live TV channel. By hitting the info or select button on any tile you can do a number of different options like record, set 1P, etc. And the best part is you never leave live TV as it is an overlay at the bottom of the screen.
According to what Margret said in the video presentation she did for Hydra it was the MSOs that wanted TiVo to include a grid guide so that is what TiVo did. So it is possible Hydra would have had no traditional guide at all.

I am relatively new to TiVo, 2013, and I had to get used to not having a back button or exit button like I had for other systems so it took me a while to learn how the TiVo UI worked. Hydra is more in line with what I was accustomed to previously but since using TiVo for 4 years I now have to relearn the back button and the exit button. A few more weeks of use and the new layout will become effortless to use as I am already accustomed to the back button layout.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My complaint: No way to adjust font size. Since the upgrade to the ``new experience'' my wife hates using Tivo. She can't see the guide as well and the font size is way too small. Is there a way to roll back to the old experience? I don't even care about voice search at this point, which was the only reason we "downgraded" (that is what my wife calls it...).

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
My complaint: No way to adjust font size. Since the upgrade to the ``new experience'' my wife hates using Tivo. She can't see the guide as well and the font size is way too small. Is there a way to roll back to the old experience? I don't even care about voice search at this point, which was the only reason we "downgraded" (that is what my wife calls it...).
Sure, but you will lose EVERYTHING -> How to Rollback Hydra from Roamio and Mini's v1

·
I am Groot!
58,123 Posts
Not always the case, I find Hydra refreshing and mostly a great improvement. My concerns are with inconsistencies, unnecessary steps, and issues with Hydra itself, not compared to another UI.
Yeah, that's pretty much where I stand. I miss some of the functionality that has been lost, but overall I like it.

The old interface was a comfortable old shoe...but, man, that shoe was OLD! ;)

·
in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
Any one using Hydra with a C17 issue on connecting to tivo service?
Yep, server problems. Other post also, but I can't find it. Guess the hamsters are watching football.

On Roamio with 20.7.4 it is a C117 error. Seems it's a smaller error on Hydra? :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Update: So I played around with TV 2 just now and was able to get the overscanning to stop by changing the resolution setting on the TV to "just scan." Unfortunately there is no such option on TV 1 and I am still experiencing the issue. This leads me to think that the issue is partially TV related. TV 1 is 10 years old but I never had this issue before with my Premier 4 or Tvio HD.
I'd like to keep my TVs on 1:1 pixel mapping (or "Just Scan") myself, especially for Hydra.

But the problem is, on some stations the CC data becomes visable at the top of the raster without the overscan, which is annoying to me.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

421 - 440 of 845 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.