TiVo Community Forum banner
381 - 400 of 845 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
mike246 wants instructions how to roll back to Gen3 without losing everything, which he knows do not exist and which he also knew did not exist when he upgraded to Hydra.
I did not know that they did not exist. I would have thought that there was a rollback procedure as part of the beta that would have been perfected by the time of the release.

·
Oppo Beta Group
572 Posts
Hydra Apps shows all the apps even though I seleted only 4.
What's the point of selecting if the apps menu ignores it.

So the bug is it ignores the selected app or that it allowed you to select them in the first place ;)

- Rich

·
Registered
412 Posts
I did not know that they did not exist. I would have thought that there was a rollback procedure as part of the beta that would have been perfected by the time of the release.
There is a roll back procedure but since it does not preserve recordings, they warn you, multiple places, both before the upgrade and before the roll back, about this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I miss the stop button I had been using on my harmony. While trying to recreate it, I've found that if you are watching a recorded show and hit back, when you select play, the show starts from the beginning not where you were. No real reason to hit back then select play immediately instead of zoom, but it's not a great result. More likely, if you go to live tv from a recorded show, hit back, select play, you start at the beginning instead of where you were when you hit live tv. That's bad. My shows should update with the latest info. Back is to literal now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
TiVotarian
628 Posts
A couple more issues to report. On my Bolt connected to a Sony TV, after going through the crazy six click standby (as previously reported, voice navigation that worked Sunday stopped working), if you turn off the TV before the standby takes effect, the standby is cancelled. BTW, standby used to be instant so this was not an issue, now there is a wait. When going into Netflix, tried using voice to do a search, it is not enabled. Also of note, while you can program the main menu, it does not allow you to program 'standby' as an option.
I have never used standby, what is the advantage of standby that you are making use of?
Perhaps if it is valuable to a large audience it could be something worth adding to the ShortCut manu choices (or perhaps added as a hidden TiVo-9 shortcut)

I don't know if this helps, but if you have the ability to link a script on a server to a trigger that is useful you can send
IRCODE STANDBY to the TiVo on port 31339 if you have Network Remote Control Allowed (still triggers 30 sec delay pop up)

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
mike246 wants instructions how to roll back to Gen3 without losing everything, which he knows do not exist and which he also knew did not exist when he upgraded to Hydra.
Do You Know Mike and what is in his head??? And again I have to intervene...insufferable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have never used standby, what is the advantage of standby that you are making use of?
Perhaps if it is valuable to a large audience it could be something worth adding to the ShortCut manu choices (or perhaps added as a hidden TiVo-9 shortcut)

I don't know if this helps, but if you have the ability to link a script on a server to a trigger that is useful you can send
IRCODE STANDBY to the TiVo on port 31339 if you have Network Remote Control Allowed (still triggers 30 sec delay pop up)
The unit goes to standby eventually in any case. You can select the level of power saving in settings. As best I can tell, standby spins down the disk unless there is a scheduled recording. There may be other power saving effects as well, e.g. tuner turns off(??). I figure if it is going into standby in any case, I might as well put it there when I am done with the unit in the morning and again at night. There is a program called kmttg that gives you remote access to most Tivo functions (at least in the previous version.)

·
UHD Addict
23,268 Posts

So the bug is it ignores the selected app or that it allowed you to select them in the first place ;)

- Rich
I'm not seeing that here on any of my TiVos. They only show the apps I selected.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
UHD Addict
23,268 Posts
I miss the stop button I had been using on my harmony. While trying to recreate it, I've found that if you are watching a recorded show and hit back, when you select play, the show starts from the beginning not where you were. No real reason to hit back then select play immediately instead of zoom, but it's not a great result. More likely, if you go to live tv from a recorded show, hit back, select play, you start at the beginning instead of where you were when you hit live tv. That's bad. My shows should update with the latest info. Back is to literal now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've seen it start back from the beginning from a show that is currently being recorded. But for shows that have finished recording, I've always had it remember my place if I come back to it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
I am Groot!
58,123 Posts
I've seen it start back from the beginning from a show that is currently being recorded. But for shows that have finished recording, I've always had it remember my place if I come back to it.
Same here. I think the cut-off is if you're watching a recording while it's still recording, when it stops recording it "resets" to the beginning. And I think this is new behavior.

·
TiVowner since 1999
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·

Looking at my mini right now, "Favorite App"s only shows my selected apps. "All", "Video", "Music", etc. show all the apps available.

The category selection seems to stick, so as long as I'm on "Favorites", I only see the ones I use. Are you seeing something different?

·
TiVowner since 1999
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 ·
[...] More likely, if you go to live tv from a recorded show, hit back, select play, you start at the beginning instead of where you were when you hit live tv.
Not sure how the Harmony keys are mapped, but I Just tried that on my mini using the standard peanut remote. While watching a recording, the sequence LIVE TV-BACK-SELECT PLAY resumes the recording right where I left it.

·
Chill- its just TV
5,099 Posts
I have suggestions on. I use them often. First, the old screen where you could review all your thumb ratings is gone. Not a major thing in my mind. As much as I use suggestions, I almost never used that screen. The only time I found it really useful was when a box was new and I wanted to jump start the suggestions.
This was eliminated before hydra, so this is nothing new.

·
Oppo Beta Group
572 Posts
Looking at my mini right now, "Favorite App"s only shows my selected apps. "All", "Video", "Music", etc. show all the apps available.

The category selection seems to stick, so as long as I'm on "Favorites", I only see the ones I use. Are you seeing something different?
Here are the images from the Bolt+ Hydra. The Apps includes all apps despite on Amazon, HBO Go and Netflix are selected.

- Rich

Attachments

·
UHD Addict
23,268 Posts
No, you used to be able to see and change the thumb rating from the info screen. Now you have to actually start playing the show before you can change it.
??? I can give thumbs up or down while just viewing my list of shows. I don't need to be playing the content to give a thumbs up or down.

Or while in the shows list and the show/episode is highlighted, you can hit the info button and it shows you what the thumb ratings are for the show. Again, there is no need to actually be playing the show to do this. You can be watching something completely different in the window in the upper left.

381 - 400 of 845 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.