TiVo Community Forum banner
361 - 380 of 845 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Any work around for the no channels issue? Live tv and guide not working. Besides rebooting.

I'm crying from this update. And I️ foolishly sold one of my clients a tivo mini 4K and his entire interface went hydra. This is his first experience with tivo and it's horrible. Doesn't work for actually watching tv.

I'm scared to sell tivo anymore. Putting a hold on all tivo sales in our company. What a sad time to be a tivo user.
Have them rollback to the previous UI, if you/they are not happy with Hydra

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
You can't with a 4K mini. I️ believe you can't.
I think you can...you have to roll back the DVR first, which will wipe all recordings and settings, and THEN roll back the mini. The instructions found here should work for any DVR or Mini, but I personally have not tried it yet.

Reactions: osu1991

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
You can't with a 4K mini. I️ believe you can't.
The 4K Mini will revert back to the old HDUI if that is what the TiVo it is paired with is on. Of course no voice and I think someone posted some issues but at this point don't remember for sure.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
A Mini V3 running 20.7x (i.e. 'TiVo Classic') will not pair with a Slide Remote (the old BT based one) or a Slide Pro Remote (the newer RF version). That's the only issue I've heard with them being downgraded.

·
I heard that
11,722 Posts
I haven't read all the posts but I don't think I've seen this one mentioned but I apologize if someone else pointed it out.

I have suggestions on. I use them often. First, the old screen where you could review all your thumb ratings is gone. Not a major thing in my mind. As much as I use suggestions, I almost never used that screen. The only time I found it really useful was when a box was new and I wanted to jump start the suggestions.

But this other omission bothers me. If Tivo records a suggestion that you don't like it's very cumbersome to actually give that show a thumbs down. You can't even give a thumb rating in the info screen for a program unless you're actually watching it. It's absurd that I have to actually start watching a program I don't like to tell Tivo that I don't like it.

·
Registered
935 Posts
One thing that bugs me i'm not sure if it is a bug or intentional but a show or movie will stay in continue watching for several days unless you delete it. On the previous UI if you clicked start from beginning then live tv real quick it wouldn't stay in partially watched. It just bugs me for some reason they now stay in continue watching for x amount of days.

·
UHD Addict
23,268 Posts
Are you suggesting the 'smart bar' should direct you to a program in the deleted folder even though the current one is available? That does not really sound like a very 'smart' thing to do. A well designed 'upgrade' should be at least 90% intuitive from the previous version. Even the Windows interfaces incrementally upgrading from Windows 95 to Windows 10 never required a manual to do the most basic things. I would also point out that there is no obvious manual for this upgrade. I suppose I could find one, but how about incorporating some of your points into the interface with the option to turn them off when you don't want them anymore. That is a rather common way of introducing new interfaces. I would also point out that I went from a Tivo 2 many years ago to the Bolt and never needed a manual to get around the original Bolt interface. My main point is that Tivo obviously rushed this to the market without doing basic usability or beta studies.
Hydra is very intuitive to me. I would say it easily meets your 90% threshold.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
UHD Addict
23,268 Posts
Any work around for the no channels issue? Live tv and guide not working. Besides rebooting.

I'm crying from this update. And I️ foolishly sold one of my clients a tivo mini 4K and his entire interface went hydra. This is his first experience with tivo and it's horrible. Doesn't work for actually watching tv.

I'm scared to sell tivo anymore. Putting a hold on all tivo sales in our company. What a sad time to be a tivo user.
Since I installed Hydra I thought it was an exciting time to be a TiVo user. I haven't been this excited about a TiVo upgrade since the HDUI was introduced. Only I'm more excited about hydra since it has been so much better than the HDUI.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: k2ue

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have had Hydra since the beginning of the field trials, and have been enjoying it. A couple of days ago, I lost all the graphic images of My Shows (each show appears as text only on a colored square) as well as the channel logos in the guide and cannot get them back. Thoughts?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not knowing exactly what you did or what you saw, I can't say if your results were expected or not. I'm not saying there are no bugs, but many of the issues I see raised are because people are assuming they know what they are looking at, and in many cases are mistaken. Take a quick read through the "Quick Tour" to get oriented on what all the tile strips do and how they are meant to work. The paradigm is very different, and if you don't like change, DON'T upgrade. But for those of us that like Hydra, it would be helpful if the real functional bugs could get reported without a lot of "but it doesn't work the way I expect" posts mixed in.
Wouldn't it be nice if someone from Tivo let us know if something is a bug, feature, or feature request and what their plan of action was?

·
Registered
28 Posts
A couple more issues to report. On my Bolt connected to a Sony TV, after going through the crazy six click standby (as previously reported, voice navigation that worked Sunday stopped working), if you turn off the TV before the standby takes effect, the standby is cancelled. BTW, standby used to be instant so this was not an issue, now there is a wait. When going into Netflix, tried using voice to do a search, it is not enabled. Also of note, while you can program the main menu, it does not allow you to program 'standby' as an option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think you can...you have to roll back the DVR first, which will wipe all recordings and settings, and THEN roll back the mini. The instructions found here should work for any DVR or Mini, but I personally have not tried it yet.
I put in a request on Monday for rollback instructions. Did not hear back by Thursday so sent a reminder and still have not heard back. (Today is Friday) I'm guessing their support is overloaded with Hydra issues. I am hoping for specific instructions on how to rollback a Bolt without losing everything as the old Roamio instructions do. TBS, I am inclined to wait for one more update of Hydra and see if some of the more severe issues are resolved.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
I put in a request on Monday for rollback instructions. Did not hear back by Thursday so sent a reminder and still have not heard back. (Today is Friday) I'm guessing their support is overloaded with Hydra issues. I am hoping for specific instructions on how to rollback a Bolt without losing everything as the old Roamio instructions do. TBS, I am inclined to wait for one more update of Hydra and see if some of the more severe issues are resolved.
The instructions are on this Forum on how to rollback, use search.

361 - 380 of 845 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.