TiVo Community Forum banner
301 - 320 of 845 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
should probably add this to this thread. All 4 minis are displaying title not available on the info bar and recording is not permitted bolt is fine. Rebooted several minis and the bolt but the issue remains. One mini started showing the there was a cable card issue but a reboot fixed that. First issues I have had
I noticed my Roamio OTA randomly does this after upgrading to Hydra. (Haven't checked the Mini yet)

I found out by bringing up the guide and selecting the channel again restores the correct program info. to the channel banner.

Another more annoying bug I have in this area under Hydra though, is that on some of my channels the channel banner will occasionally switch and display one of the wrong stations I don't receive that are unchecked in the channel list.

The work-around to this bug I found is to bring up the guide and temporarily select the "All" channels display option. Then when you select any one of the channels having this problem from the guide it causes all the wrong banners to re-sync with the checked stations in listings and correct themselves. Go figure ...

You can then go back and change guide to the "Channel List" option. However the bug occasionally resurfaces forcing me to have to repeat this w-a.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
[UPDATE]
The "Emergency Alert" came up again, this time while I was watching live TV. But the display was different. In both cases there was a marching banner with the message surrounded in the middle with a message saying it was an emergency alert atop the banner and a message saying the alert would go away automatically below the banner.

In the case of viewing the 1p list, the 1p list was replaced by a 4 page message block which scrolled through the 4 pages. The content of the pages was essentially the same as the marching banner. This bit was not present when the alert came up on live TV.

In the live TV case, the banner and messages did go away on their own. In the case of the 1p, the 4 page display changed to a notice that I could now re-tune the station I was watching. But (presumably) since I was not really watching a station I was stuck at that point and had to power off the Roamio+
The different message block while in a 1P list is odd and I don't think I've seen anyone reporting this before. Can you take a picture if it happens again?

Scott

·
UHD Addict
23,268 Posts
Maybe they are testing something and I got lucky?
No. I've used it several times from a Win 7 PC at work and Win 10 PCs at home. So far Transfers have worked every time I've tried them through TiVo Online.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
UHD Addict
23,268 Posts
I have a question... is the God awful stream quality issue solved on the Netflix app with the Hydra update? I gave up using the Netflix app on my Roamio forever ago due to the terrible buffering issues. The constant resolution bouncing made everything unwatchable.
Something else must have caused that. I've used Netflix periodically from the Romaio I take back and forth to my GFs house. It was always solid streaming Netflix. It would start at or quickly ramp to the highest HD encode and stay there the entire time, while watching a show. This is at both my place and my GFs place.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do people not read the other threads? Tivo_Ted posted the following on Tuesday.

- V66 connection errors - Periodically, MINI and MINI VOX devices are losing connection to their host DVR and reporting this error. The error also unfortunately states that it might be a CableCARD problem, when in fact it has nothing to do with CC as far as we know. We are looking at log files and investigating this problem. It does appear to be fairly widespread, despite the fact that it did not appear during our beta testing.
Still no fix for this? I would think this would be a top priority issue.. Everyday.. not periodically lol, I have to have my family reboot the mini's lol its ridiculous lol.. live TV hardly ever works it usually complains about a cable card until you reboot the mini... About the only thing that consistently works is my shows even when the box is having a V66 connection error I can still watch recordings.. still very frustrating to use.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Something else must have caused that. I've used Netflix periodically from the Romaio I take back and forth to my GFs house. It was always solid streaming Netflix. It would start at or quickly ramp to the highest HD encode and stay there the entire time, while watching a show. This is at both my place and my GFs place.

I watched the full 2nd season of Stranger Things on Netflix via my Roamio base model without any PQ issues and I'm still on Gen 3. So I don't know if this has improved with the last update before Hydra or not. There were times in the past that the PQ would drop off at times while streaming Netflix.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Still no fix for this? I would think this would be a top priority issue.. Everyday.. not periodically lol, I have to have my family reboot the mini's lol its ridiculous lol.. live TV hardly ever works it usually complains about a cable card until you reboot the mini... About the only thing that consistently works is my shows even when the box is having a V66 connection error I can still watch recordings.. still very frustrating to use.
Apparently not. I had the same error a few minutes ago. A reboot fixed it (temporarily I'm sure) and even worse, when it does work I get this ridiculous chunky playback where the channel I choose shows as normal and fluid for about 30 seconds, then like a buffering internet video for 30 seconds, then fluid, then chunky, etc.. for several MINUTES before ironing out playback and staying smooth and proper. It's so frustrating. It's literally impossibly they tested this before deployment. There's also no way I can see to revert back, which is even more frustrating.

·
Registered
460 Posts
@TiVo_Ted
My Minis are losing all channels and channel guide sporadically. Used @TonyD79 work around to press Guide button to enter missing channel guide, press A button, change Channels to another option such as "All Channels", press A button to save, and the channels and channel guide return (for a while). I then go back and repeat but set the Channels to "Channel List" which is my preferred setting.

Have a Roamio Pro & two Minis V1. Both Minis use the original USB RF dongle to pair to Tivo remotes in RF mode. The Pro uses the new BT USB dongle paired to the VOX remote. One Mini is connected via MOCa and the other Mini is connected via Ethernet.

Separately, I attended the Tivo VOX event yesterday. Weather sucked but it was nice to meet @TiVo_Ted and others as well as get a freebie VOX remote.

·
Registered
62 Posts
@TiVo_Ted
My Minis are losing all channels and channel guide sporadically. Used @TonyD79 work around to press Guide button to enter missing channel guide, press A button, change Channels to another option such as "All Channels", press A button to save, and the channels and channel guide return (for a while). I then go back and repeat but set the Channels to "Channel List" which is my preferred setting.

Have a Roamio Pro & two Minis V1. Both Minis use the original USB RF dongle to pair to Tivo remotes in RF mode. The Pro uses the new BT USB dongle paired to the VOX remote. One Mini is connected via MOCa and the other Mini is connected via Ethernet.

Separately, I attended the Tivo VOX event yesterday. Weather sucked but it was nice to meet @TiVo_Ted and others as well as get a freebie VOX remote.
Honestly everyone's who's putting up with the problems of the V66 error should be getting a free VOX remote, just saying lol.. I can't believe that a company that's product is solely focused on enhancing TV & to design a better Set Top Box for the enjoyment of watching television didn't test if live television could be viewed properly on the mini's before setting a public release date or releasing there new hardware =(. Even the new VOX mini's are experiencing the problem lol such a shame.. Also there is a downgrade method but you will lose all your recordings & I would deal with the other problems with hydra because they don't interfere with core functionality, but this seems like a critical problem that should be fixed right away.. not just with "oh downgrade or keep unplugging the box". I have an older person in the house who can't keep getting up & doesn't even understand the TV command to do that quick reset some people suggested.. Funny thing is.. it sounds like they know what the problem is, The tivo mini timeouts with the host dvr on gen 4 I mean it didn't do that on Gen 3 lol. Whats taking so long to fix that.. push a patch..

·
Registered
460 Posts
@TiVo_Ted
When watching Live TV on a Mini v1, the Enter/Last key allow you to switch between the last two channels watched. However after a ~15 minutes, the Enter/Last key no longer works. The Mini will no longer switch to the other channel.

·
Registered
25 Posts

No, it's absolutely an issue with the app. And apparently still is. Completely ridiculous that this isn't resolved yet. Netflix poor quality

What's the story with this @TiVo_Ted? I would have to think someone is aware of this issue, considering...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Has anyone else had this problem? Shows in the grid guide randomly get misaligned to the wrong channel. For instance Sunday night football is showing in the guide on QVC. Also I get completely blank pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the first issue Monday and Tuesday but it resolved itself and has been fine since. I never had the blank pages.

·
TiVotarian
628 Posts
Cleaning out some programs - In My Shows View Option - Suggestions (not in suggestions as listed at bottom of All shows), hitting clear button
Most of the time worked fine, then once it dumped into Channel Guide after deleting a program
I returned to continue deleting programs and a couple deletes later, TiVo crashed and rebooted.aster

Nice that reboot is much faster on the Bolt anyway....

·
Retired RF Engineer
287 Posts
Weird Fire TV streaming from Hydra: recordings from PBS, NBC, Fox & FoxNews stream just fine, while CBS & ABC hang with "Error Code:E=47 V=-1". Is the common denominator 1080i vs. 720p perhaps? They all work fine on 1080p output from the Bolt to my projector.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unable to log into Amazon Prime, when I gave up trying to log in I hit the Tivo button and the unit locked up unresponsive while displaying the picture, the only thing that worked on the remote was the live button shuffling between the tuners. I could see the unit receiving signals (the dot would light up) but nothing worked.
I had to unplug it to reset the box.
This on a 2 day old Tivo Bolt Vox 6 Tuner

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
Watching a recording on my Mini, reach the end, then delete. Back to the UI.

The Mini produces the audio from the last live tuner channel.

The minis can’t display the PIP window because they don’t have control of the tuner... but they seem to, because I’m getting audio as an error?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Shows in the grid guide randomly get misaligned to the wrong channel. For instance Sunday night football is showing in the guide on QVC.
I had this happen yesterday. A football game was listed on the wrong channel and one channel was missing from the guide. I manually entered the missing channel and it came up fine and the guide was back to normal.

Also one time coming out of sleep (non use) I had no audio at all - regardless of what I tried. Only cure was a restart.

301 - 320 of 845 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.