TiVo Community Forum banner
281 - 300 of 845 Posts

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
It's the servers. I been hammering my Roamio Pro bad and was not sure, on Gen3. If you are not using an app, disconnecting from the internet will surely fix it!

So even in Gen4, they still cannot give the box local functions at ALL times???...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I will never understand why when you go into a recording, blue circle delay, and again when you try to play it when they are having server problems. WHY???

At least they got the audio dropout fixed going in and out of "the Home Screen".

· Registered
13 Posts
@TiVo_Ted I'm still having some v52 errors on a few channels (PBS) on my Roamio. I saw another post about a user who's tuning adapter was in the wrong port, but I don't use a tuning adapter here with Comcast, just the cablecard. At first my 2 main PBS affiliates showed v52, now one still shows that, but the other one now shows some type of distorted video. (see attached) 11.03.2017-06.08.38
Any thoughts?

· Registered
7 Posts
@TiVo_Ted I'm still having some v52 errors on a few channels (PBS) on my Roamio. I saw another post about a user who's tuning adapter was in the wrong port, but I don't use a tuning adapter here with Comcast, just the cablecard. At first my 2 main PBS affiliates showed v52, now one still shows that, but the other one now shows some type of distorted video. (see attached) 11.03.2017-06.08.38
Any thoughts?
I too am having this issue with my Bolt+ as well. I was thinking it was my Charter Spectrum TV. I have noticed the distorted video on PBS, ABC and movie channels such as HBO.

· Registered
89 Posts
Today I got an "Emergency Alert" while examining my 1p list. The warning scrolled through its various things and finally said I could tune back to the channel that I was watching. But superimposed over that message was some text saying the message would close automatically. It never did and there was no way to get out of the screen save powering off the Roamio+.

I don't know where this "Emergency Alert" came from, but I really did not need to see it--it was for Counties no where near where I live. I would like to be able to end them at will. But at the very least it should be possible to end it once the message has run its course!

I should note that I did switch the TV source to the antenna and there was no such alert superimposed.

[UPDATE]
The "Emergency Alert" came up again, this time while I was watching live TV. But the display was different. In both cases there was a marching banner with the message surrounded in the middle with a message saying it was an emergency alert atop the banner and a message saying the alert would go away automatically below the banner.

In the case of viewing the 1p list, the 1p list was replaced by a 4 page message block which scrolled through the 4 pages. The content of the pages was essentially the same as the marching banner. This bit was not present when the alert came up on live TV.

In the live TV case, the banner and messages did go away on their own. In the case of the 1p, the 4 page display changed to a notice that I could now re-tune the station I was watching. But (presumably) since I was not really watching a station I was stuck at that point and had to power off the Roamio+

[UPDATE 2]
This problem occured yet again. This time while viewing live TV. But this time the secondary window (not the scrolling bar part) also came up. And this time the notice would not go away when it said it was done. So seems that if the secondary screen comes up things are hosed. If it does not come up things are annoying but at least "work as intended."

· Registered
8,329 Posts
Actually, I stand corrected, it WAS my TV. Turns out when I was changing the settings on my TiVo Mini, my TV settings were auto-changing themselves in the background, messing things up.

When I select 16:9 from my TV settings it overscan a little. I have to select "Custom" and then ensure that the horizontal and vertical alignment is all zero'ed out to center.

When I do that, the Mini and my Roamio both match again, regardless of the output settings I select.

Also, just for frame of reference, I'm connected via HDMI. And my overscan was not as bad as Steve's. I only noticed mine because I noticed my Roamio and Mini were SLIGHTLY different (the TiVo logo on the pause banner was more left-justified on the Mini). If I wasn't comparing side-by-side, I wouldn't have known anything was wrong.

· Registered
887 Posts
Unless its just me, going thru this topic, a lot of these aren't really issues, just the way the new UI works. Also seems the minis are the biggest problem, maybe have a topic just for them?
I noticed a few things too, but just have to adjust to the way things work now. Who really expected such graphical drastic update to work 100% the same, sure things have to change.

· Registered
17 Posts
I searched this thread before along this. So, if this has already been answered, please forgive.

Is there a way to "play all" like you could with the previous UI, by either selecting the show title and hitting the play button, or by going to the "play all" selection at the bottom of the episodes list? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I need confirmation.

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I searched this thread before along this. So, if this has already been answered, please forgive.

Is there a way to "play all" like you could with the previous UI, by either selecting the show title and hitting the play button, or by going to the "play all" selection at the bottom of the episodes list? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I need confirmation.
No.

· Registered
1,954 Posts
should probably add this to this thread. All 4 minis are displaying title not available on the info bar and recording is not permitted bolt is fine. Rebooted several minis and the bolt but the issue remains. One mini started showing the there was a cable card issue but a reboot fixed that. First issues I have had

281 - 300 of 845 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.