TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Oppo Beta Group
577 Posts
Hydra Apps shows all the apps even though I seleted only 4.
What's the point of selecting if the apps menu ignores it.

So the bug is it ignores the selected app or that it allowed you to select them in the first place ;)

- Rich

· Oppo Beta Group
577 Posts
Looking at my mini right now, "Favorite App"s only shows my selected apps. "All", "Video", "Music", etc. show all the apps available.

The category selection seems to stick, so as long as I'm on "Favorites", I only see the ones I use. Are you seeing something different?
Here are the images from the Bolt+ Hydra. The Apps includes all apps despite on Amazon, HBO Go and Netflix are selected.

- Rich

Attachments

· Oppo Beta Group
577 Posts
I have never used standby, what is the advantage of standby that you are making use of?
Perhaps if it is valuable to a large audience it could be something worth adding to the ShortCut manu choices (or perhaps added as a hidden TiVo-9 shortcut)
Last time I checked, Standby had maybe 1 watt different power usage because TiVo's cannot truly standby and be ready to record. The only advantage would be if the HDMI port is not active for automatic HDMI switching.

- Rich

· Oppo Beta Group
577 Posts
Did you see Steve's post? "All" (which you are on in that screenshot) shows all apps, but "Favorites" show selected apps.

Scott
In Classic TiVo, selecting Apps shows you only the selected apps.
In Hydra, Selecting Apps shows all app regardless of the selection via "A add & manage apps".
FAVORITE APPS are selected using the thumbs up not the manage apps screen.

If manage apps is supposed to do something, I've yet to discover what it does.

- Rich

Reactions: HerronScott

· Oppo Beta Group
577 Posts
Red Did not transition on the My Shows
When displaying the Playlist the recording transitioned and there was no indication of the current recording. I had to exit and return for the red dot to appear next to the recorded program.

- Rich

· Oppo Beta Group
577 Posts
Program Count if 1 Lost on Back (with episode strop off)
When you select a program with one item and display the detail screen and press back, the list display no longer displays the program count until you reenter my shows or use A options and back.

- Rich

· Oppo Beta Group
577 Posts
You are conflating two different elements of the interface that serve very different purposes. The second screen is unrelated to the first and is intended solely for selecting which program content providers's apps will be included in Search and One Pass. Select the services you use and unselect the ones you don't. It is not an interface for selecting your favorite apps.

On the first screen, you can chose favorites apps by highlighting them and pressing 'thumbs up.' Only those apps you select will then appear when, from the selection bar, you navigate to 'Favorite Apps'. If you wish to remove an app from favorite apps, highlight there and press 'thumbs down'.

Note that if you return to TiVo Home, then later press 4 to go back to apps, it will return directly to favorite apps if that is where you left it.
I am coming from the classic TiVo interface which had similar functionality.
Selecting Apps displayed the managed/selected apps in the menu when highlighted.

I suppose this is yet another case where Hydra has changed the functionality. The original implementation lacked favorites, makes better use of the display, and reduces screen transitions.

Television Gadget Font Flat panel display Display device

- Rich

· Oppo Beta Group
577 Posts
My Shows - Clear button on single on brings up Delete Everything in this group, should just delete

While this is technically correct, it is a group of 1 item.
When the show is selected, clear displays an X and deletes the item without a confirmation dialog.
It should do the same form the My Shows list.

- Rich

· Oppo Beta Group
577 Posts
Scratch Sound followed by loss of TiVo sound effects (beeps) audio

While traversing the My Shows, there was a short scratch sound and that stopped all TiVo beeps sounds. Audio still present playing videos. Restart the TiVo and the sound effects returned.

- Rich

· Oppo Beta Group
577 Posts
Unfortunately, due to other "features" of the new My Shows list, it can only show folders, even if there's only one item.

I miss My Shows having a mix of folders and single items for several reasons, but that's in the past now.
This is not complicated:

Case Program count of

0: do nothing
1: delete single item
else: delete folder

- Rich

· Oppo Beta Group
577 Posts
This is my point as well. Same Tivo Bolt on Same TV with prior UI, there was no overscan. Now there is with Hydra and I can't seem to find a way to correct it.
Can you check the resolution?
Modern TV's usually overscan with 480i/p only.

- Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.