TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
From Tivo_Ted prelaunch "
Regarding "Popular TiVo features have been enhanced to work with voice control." here is an example of some things you can do with voice:
"Skip It" - skips to the end of the next commercial break. Maybe not hugely useful when you have a skip button, but if you are using voice a lot, it keeps you from having to find the SKIP button. Chan up/down and "D" still work.
"Schedule a OnePass for Modern Family" - takes you right to the point where you can setup a OnePass
"To Do List" - Takes you to the To Do List
"OnePass Manager" - Takes you to the OnePass Manager

Other UI tasks include - Home, Guide, My Shows, What to Watch, Settings, Menu and Help"
Per my previous post, Voice navigation was working on Nov. 5. On Nov. 7 it was not working. Voice is interpreted correctly, e.g. 'My Shows" gets spelled out, but than the "Sorry, I can't help with that" message comes up. It's been over a week, so presumably Tivo knows about this issue. Has anyone heard from Tivo about this?
Now, Vox mic searches for ALL shows & movies, even if they are not in the current guide and not currently streaming. Now you can make a one pass or a bookmark for those shows. The type-in search still only looks for current programs, so this is a big plus for the Vox remote.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My issue with Hydra has to do with the guide. All the channels show up, including the channels that I unchecked in the settings. I also tried to manual delete them in the guide itself but it doesn't do any good. It's really frustrating.
My main issue is with my shows the most important part of TiVo. Does anyone dislike the My Shows as much as I do:
• Text too small
• No folder icon in front of the show name
• The red dot for shows now recording is after the show name instead of before it. Before, they would line up neatly and now are scattered and ugly.
• The number of episides seem to clearer when it was in parentheses.
• The skip indication used to be green to match the button, now it's gray.
• It allows you to sort by date but there are no dates shown.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just rolled back and I am so happy I did. I missed my left directional button!
But by rolling back, you are not getting the Vox remote use. It's not just the convenience, it's the way they've programmed, at least as of April 2018.
The Vox remote search finds every TV show and movie virtually ever made. It'll show obscure TV shows from the early 50s and obscure movies as well and it allows you to make a bookmark or a one pass so that they will be looking for showings in the streamed apps in the future.
The typing search only looks for shows currently playing or streaming.
I called TiVo about this. I don't know if they plan to change the typing search to be global as well, but as long as the Vox searches global, it's worth having it!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well Ted said yesterday that there will be a new Gen3 and Gen4 with some goodies in Jan. Hopefully some of the "minor design flaws" issues discussed since Gen4 came out will be addressed. They have just been putting out fires more or less so far, and I do understand that.

Not for me then, maybe not ever...I hope someday next year to upgrade.
The HD question in wishlists has not been addressed as of April 2018. I noticed that for onepasses, you can set a default for all future one passes, but there is no such thing for wishlists. The default is yes which seems like a bad default if you want to get the show, no matter what resolution it's in.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm waiting for my cable card so I've been using my Bolt for streaming only at this time. Can you tell me how wishlists appear in 'my shows'? There used to be a folder with a star but without any folders showing, do wishlists appear differently then regular shows? What category does Tivo put them in? TiVo doesn't know if it's movies or TV shows and I noticed there's no subcategory called 'Wishlists'.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The HD question in wishlists has not been addressed as of April 2018. I noticed that for onepasses, you can set a default for all future one passes, but there is no such thing for wishlists. The default is yes which seems like a bad default if you want to get the show, no matter what resolution it's in.
The wishlist HD question has been corrected in the brand new release. It's the main menu that's terrible.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This has been my complaint with Hydra from the start. There was already way too much horizontal scrolling for certain things. I disliked Roku for their horizontal everything back in the day and they finally moved away from it(like many interfaces are doing these days) But here comes Tivo, doubling down on even more horizontal scrolling. WOW.

Then they go and make the guide look like a simplified Excel spreadsheet. It looks awesome is when I hit guide on my Roamio and it sits on a screen of just white horizontal lines for several seconds before finally loading the data. the new guide looks like like complete [email protected] IMO.
How is it very different from what it was before? All guides look like spreadsheets

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's not very different in function, but the formatting is quite different than it was and looks as if it was designed fifteen years ago. Personally, I don't care for the new look and think it diminishes Hydra's overall presentation, but on the other hand I spend so little time looking at the guide it'll never be all that important to me.
Dish Network fits 3 hours of programming in their guide and 7 lines. I think Dish has the best programmers for a DVR. My community switched from Dish to Spectrum so I'm stuck with Spectrum... so I got TiVo. But other than the more powerful wishlists than Dish's DISH PASS, Dish has many more superior features than Tivo.

·
Registered
310 Posts
There are issues with game shows & other shows on Wishlists .

Match Game and many other older shows run in the daytime.

If i type Match Game and then under category I select "daytime: game shows", the show will not record!

If I remove the category the show will record.

Why is that?

If I want to watch match game with host Gene Rayburn as opposed to host Alec Baldwin if I put a host in there the wishlist will not record and yet for the show itself Gene Rayburn is listed in the cast. Why is that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.