TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
As a beta tester on Hydra I can tell you that the v66 error did not appear at any time during that short period when I had the Minis on Hydra. So, it must be an issue caused by the increase number of users, maybe capacity issue, or similar.

And it has nothing to do with CableCard as it happens even when my Minis are using my Roamio OTA as a host.
Exactly some issues just don't manifest until there's a larger audience. I can attest to this having been one of the very early users of FIOS Quantum. Which had way more issues at launch then i've seen so far with hydra.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Came home tonight and once again I was met with the same P103 error. Luckily, the suggestion of disabling parental controls worked (thanks djg8544!)...until I realized that I have two children and need the parental controls to work. Which, once again, begs the question, how the hell does this get released when something as basic as parental controls isn't functional?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Quite possibly the same reason the V66 exists it didn't manifest in beta testing and only started with a larger pool of users.

·
Registered
935 Posts
If your unit and functional testing is properly designed, then basic errors such as this should never make it to the alpha test stage, much less beta. Unfortunately, it's been obvious for years that TiVo has a crappy test regimen and it has probably gotten even worse post merger.
Correct but still if this bug didn't happen during alpha or beta you can't fix something you don't know exists.

·
Registered
935 Posts
One thing that bugs me i'm not sure if it is a bug or intentional but a show or movie will stay in continue watching for several days unless you delete it. On the previous UI if you clicked start from beginning then live tv real quick it wouldn't stay in partially watched. It just bugs me for some reason they now stay in continue watching for x amount of days.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Have any of you noticed LOTS of shows in Recording Activity marked 'canceled' that were NEVER scheduled to record?
I've had that with a few. Like the winter finale of blacklist which was very odd. It said user canceled which was very odd because there were only 3 recordings scheduled at that time. There shouldn't have even been the popup screen for resolving a conflict in that situation.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Well Ted said yesterday that there will be a new Gen3 and Gen4 with some goodies in Jan. Hopefully some of the "minor design flaws" issues discussed since Gen4 came out will be addressed. They have just been putting out fires more or less so far, and I do understand that.

Not for me then, maybe not ever...I hope someday next year to upgrade.
Where did he say this?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Started tonight.. can't watch anything that has been recorded just live tv.. if we try we get the blue spinning circle; live TV is ok... i hate this new UI.. POS
It started here last night. All was working great until new years day. I wonder if someone came into work hungover and did something they shouldn't have.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.