TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 28 Posts

· TiVowner since 1999
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Similar to the Hydra "Wish List", thought it might be good to list all bugs we find in one place for the engineers. If you agree, please list any bugs you find, one per post. If your bug is already listed, just "like" that post.

As with the "Wish List", probably best to limit discussion to one of the ongoing Hydra discussion threads. That said, if you know a work-around for a listed bug, this thread would probably be a good place to post it.

· TiVowner since 1999
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When multiple resolutions are selected on my Bolt+, everything is being output at the highest checked resolution, regardless of the source resolution.

· TiVowner since 1999
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
It would be nice, and create less clutter, if people would scan the posts before reporting a problem.

For example, many people have reported the V66 problem and TiVo_Ted has acknowledge it and they are working on it.
Ya. Back in post #1, I hoped folks would just "like" posts that described their problem.

· TiVowner since 1999
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Does anyone's Bolt or Bolt+ sense it's connected to a 4k display? My Bolt+ doesn't, whether connected to my AVR, or directly to my Sony 930D.

· TiVowner since 1999
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Maybe try a different hdmi input? my tv has 5 hdmi's but only 1 or 2 are 4k aware.
It's a 2016 Sony 930D. If I manually check the 4k resolutions, I have no issues sending 4k from the Bolt+ to the display. Issue is Bolt+ can't auto-sense the 4k. It thinks I have a 1080p display. I'm using 18GB HDMI 2.0 cables, so that's not the issue.

I also have an issue when I configure the Sony 930D HDMI port for 'enhanced HDMI'. Even directly connecting the Bolt to the Sony, when I try Netflix, the screen goes blank. There's no HDMI handshake.

I switched from 'enhanced' to 'standard' a few times, each time rebooting the TV and even rebooted the Bolt+. The problem is repeatable. I can only view Netflix with the Sony HDMI set to 'standard'. Set to 'standard', the Sony reports it's getting 3840x2048 resolution from the Bolt+.

· TiVowner since 1999
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
I've got the same issue on my Sony A1E. I have the Bolt in "automatic" and the tv reports 1080p. This is with enhanced turned on. I'm using HDMI input 3.
I'm using input 4, the one with the ARC.

Curious. Are you able to watch Netflix, with "enhanced" enabled?

· TiVowner since 1999
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
Hydra Apps shows all the apps even though I seleted only 4.
What's the point of selecting if the apps menu ignores it.

So the bug is it ignores the selected app or that it allowed you to select them in the first place ;)
Looking at my mini right now, "Favorite App"s only shows my selected apps. "All", "Video", "Music", etc. show all the apps available.

The category selection seems to stick, so as long as I'm on "Favorites", I only see the ones I use. Are you seeing something different?

· TiVowner since 1999
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 ·
[...] More likely, if you go to live tv from a recorded show, hit back, select play, you start at the beginning instead of where you were when you hit live tv.
Not sure how the Harmony keys are mapped, but I Just tried that on my mini using the standard peanut remote. While watching a recording, the sequence LIVE TV-BACK-SELECT PLAY resumes the recording right where I left it.

· TiVowner since 1999
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 ·
When using the peanut with a roamio I always get what I described, live back select starts from the beginning.
I think I know what's going on. I tried an experiment today:

Case A: Bolt+ is not recording. While watching a recording on the mini, if I got to LIVE TV, then hit BACK and SELECT PLAY, I'm returned to the recording where I left off.

Case B: Bolt+ is recording 2 shows. While watching a recording on the Mini, I go to LIVE TV. I then have to hit BACK twice before I actually go back to the recording. If I then SELECT PLAY, the recording re-starts from the beginning.

· TiVowner since 1999
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #469 ·
The Samsung LTP227W I'm having the "overscan" issue with is a 720p device. I'm connected component, and even though the mini allows me to believe I'm changing resolutions, it always reverts to 720p output. I might understand not being able to output 1080i/p, but I can't even lower the resolution to 480i/p.

· TiVowner since 1999
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
Browsing google search results, it looks like the LTP227W may be an older TV that was "HD-Ready"
If I recall correctly, it is possible that you may not be able to get 1080p via component on some older TVs.
Don't know if that applies to you or not.
Actually 720p is all I need. I just wanted to try a different resolution to see if it affected the overscan issue.

It does look like Hydra may lock component connections into 720p, tho. Probably OK, since most (if not all) old component-only displays are native 768p or 480p.

1 - 19 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.