TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Ok so this is very odd. Was able to steal back a tuner from a Mini by selecting it from the available tuners on the right panel on my Roamio. And then that channel (Fox, World Series) was on both my Roamio and Mini even though the Mini no longer had a tuner. And when I changed the channel on the Roamio it changed the channel on the Mini too. So the Mini was basically mirroring the Roamio. This is actually a nice feature to save tuners but doubtful that its intended behavior.

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Would clear and delete everything take you back to the old system. My guess is it won't. I can get to the clear and delete everything, it's not grayed out. Did you select it and what happened.?
If you click on any of the Clear and Delete options, they just return you to live TV and do not prompt you to confirm you want to delete, so it appears they are inactive in Hydra. Someone else posted they work but TiVo Ted seemed to indicate they are not active. Can you try clicking one to confirm?

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
C&DE won't revert back to the old software. To do that you'd need to tell the DVR to either revert back to the software in the old (now reserve) partition, or get the Tivo to somehow download a version older than one on the box. In either case, we'll need an app from TiVo to make it happen.
Thanks Diana, I had suspected it wouldn't but figured worth a try.

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Right, but neither is the upgrade app, yet it can be launched with a VOX remote.

Tivo Vox boxes launch/available October 29th

Maybe the downgrade app can also, but I doubt it.
I guess it would be worth a try if you want to downgrade and have that remote. I upgraded via the web URL on Sunday and do not have the new remote so will wait and see what TiVo advises to do on how to proceed.

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
In the Guide, I'm seeing quite a few SD channels listed as HD, and HD channels listed as SD. I imagine there are probably quite a few people seeing this?

I reported a lot of things about the OTA Channel Lineup after TiVo switched from Gracenote, and many of them got corrected, but still have a lot of incorrect information. Is there any good way to get this fixed?
I see channels or shows flagged as SD but then they "switch" over to HD after a moment or so. I can't replicate it but have seen it and I don't have any SD channels active in my channel list. So maybe it's just an artifact and then corrects itself.

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I'm confused. See this photo posted by longrider a few pages back:

Note how in the TiVo guide, some channels are marked SD, and some HD.

What I'm seeing is multiple SD channels marked incorrectly as HD, and multiple HD channels marked as SD. Are you saying that you're seeing them randomly switch back and forth?
I am almost certain I've seen the SD appear quickly and then switch over to HD but that might have been on the tuner selection and not on the guide. Will try to test it tonight.

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I'm confused. See this photo posted by longrider a few pages back:

Note how in the TiVo guide, some channels are marked SD, and some HD.

What I'm seeing is multiple SD channels marked incorrectly as HD, and multiple HD channels marked as SD. Are you saying that you're seeing them randomly switch back and forth?
So I do see at least one channel in my overall lineup listed as HD that's really SD after choosing to view all channels. So maybe this issue is replicating across providers. But I could only find it happening once (Movieplex on Comcast Philly, channel 1757).

I can't reproduce the issue I saw last night when selecting tuners, it was taking a moment to display the movie thumbnail and it initially was listed as SD even though the channel and movie were HD (Dawn of the Dead on maybe Syfy or AMC, can't recall which channel).

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Episode sorting also doesn’t appear to be sticky, if you sort by season and leave a folder it changes back to sort by date if you select to view recordings only. Even with the My Shows sort by name option checked. If viewing Watchlist it retains the sort but when you click on the folder it takes you to the most recently recorded show not the first in the series sort.

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I searched this thread before along this. So, if this has already been answered, please forgive.

Is there a way to "play all" like you could with the previous UI, by either selecting the show title and hitting the play button, or by going to the "play all" selection at the bottom of the episodes list? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I need confirmation.
No.

· Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Sigh. I really don't understand why this is a show stopper for so many. That "functionality" was inconsistent and was a Tivo only thing. I have been on Hydra since Day 1 and don't miss the illogical left arrow one bit.

The only showstoppers that make sense are if you really, really, really like the Live Guide and the PC transfers. The rest is just muscle memory, not bugs or features.

I use my Tivo a ton every day and have had almost zero non-guide related issues. It is pretty damned stable.
I don't think it matters that it was inconsistent or TiVo only, users including myself got used to that functionality and become frustrated when forced to change behavior. Not sure what's illogical about that button press left going back as it's kind of intuitive to me since the right button goes forward in menus (and I'm not sure if it's all of them or only some but it works enough).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.