TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Unregistered User
323 Posts
Any word on getting this Hyrda working with "PC-->TiVo transfers (pyTivo/TiVo Desktop) not possible"? I just downloaded it and it isn't THAT bad, but I am mad that I can no longer transfer my shows back to the Tivo.
That is the one reason I could not upgrade. I had my finger on the button when I read in these forums, by mere chance, that they broke the transfer function. I'd a been pretty darned pissed had I upgraded and then learned after the fact that 1) Not only are transfers broken, but, 2) You get the extra penalty of losing all your content when you downgrade to get the function back.

If I didn't know better, I would have been likely to believe that losing your content in a downgrade is a malevolent act to deter people from doing so. And if they choose to do it anyway, inflict pain for their failure to get with the program. But we know that's not true, right? After all, you don't get wiped clean when you upgrade. Let's chalk it up to Hanlon's Razor and call it a day

Not only that, but the new UI is a Fisher-Price eye candy hot mess.

·
Unregistered User
323 Posts
I am concerned that if I move to Hydra, I will want to roll back. and it won't just be rolling back 1 roamio, it will be 1 roamio and 2 minis.
You'll also lose all your recorded content in a roll back.

TiVo has made it impossible for people to try out the new UI and decide if it's right for them without losing all content if they decide not to keep it.

·
Unregistered User
323 Posts
My main issue is with my shows the most important part of TiVo. Does anyone dislike the My Shows as much as I do:
• Text too small
• No folder icon in front of the show name
• The red dot for shows now recording is after the show name instead of before it. Before, they would line up neatly and now are scattered and ugly.
• The number of episides seem to clearer when it was in parentheses.
• The skip indication used to be green to match the button, now it's gray.
• It allows you to sort by date but there are no dates shown.
Really. Who is programming this stuff? It seems continuity is losing out to design attention deficit disorder.

The TiVo programming operation should stick to a standard style guide that defines the appearance of UI elements and colors and not randomly change things on a whim for no reason.

Better yet, let the customer choose among several choices of appearance via the settings. That way a user could select the "classic" look (with yellow text), the newer white, or whatever the latest new new shiny happens to be from the imagination of some Gen-Z programmer hopped up on Red Bull.

·
Unregistered User
323 Posts
The new update just came out.
The main screen is a horror!
You can't see the menu items on one screen anymore. You need to scroll right and they don't show the numbers you've selected for your menu items.
Why does it get worse and worse? What is this left to right business?
Jeezus. Who is programming this nonsense? Hydra just needs to be scrapped. Get back to the basics. Stop jerking TiVo users around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.