TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
My minis all became unresponsive. Why was this software ever allowed to be rolled out yet?
SORRY. Better question is why would people even touch this today...or tomorrow...or for a few months? I hope things get straightened out for you and everyone else.

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
Xfinity on Demand App is not working. When I click on the logo for it, I get a message that it is currently unavailable.
Thanks for this info. I was wondering and hoping it would work (not for me because I am not going to this). I was wondering if the interface would be the same, but of course it would (will). I would not want tiles for that and anyway, the internet interface was made by comcast and resides on their servers. Years ago I asked Tivo, Inc to talk to Comcast about the skip button code not being recognized, but of course they ignored the problem.

I am sure they will get it to work. Seems they got a lot of bugs to work out.

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
Judging from all this activity here, we now are ALL being asked to participate in the Beta. ;)
Comcast made tens of thousands of paying customers debug their X1 for over 6 months...and that was after it was in beta in thousands of homes for many months...but they just rolled on. I would never have one!!!

I got over 1200 recordings and growing on my RP and XL4. Some of the new UI looks nice, but it sounds like a nightmare. I thought the Bolt UI sucked when they integrated it in 20.7.2 when it comes to the number of presses to get to some things (of course I got used to it). The X1 still has absurd remote clicks and now so does Gen4. Sad. Also sad that they could not even take the time to test the Xfinity app. Very bad indeed.

Don't most of you old time users know their rep in the software dept? What would you expect to happen? I am sorry for this rant. This is coming from a developers prospective and always have been hard on Tivo, Inc dev...BUT I am very glad that they made this OPTIONAL! They still have to keep Gen3. Lots of Premiers out there...

I REALLY DON'T LIKE CHANGE...:D

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
They cannot even test properly...the simplest things. Maybe if they did a proper beta that allowed going back WITHOUT losing everything, more people might test. Sad...

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
It would be nice, and create less clutter, if people would scan the posts before reporting a problem.

For example, many people have reported the V66 problem and TiVo_Ted has acknowledge it and they are working on it.
Maybe @TiVo_Ted can open a thread listing what has been fixed already thru patch and also as he goes, list the fixes that will be in the next update and when it might come out or comes out.

Reactions: Dean Johnson

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
So what's the general consensus? It sounds like there are a lot of bugs. Is there any compelling reason to upgrade now instead of waiting?
Read, read, read and decide. I personally won't upgrade until they add the Live Guide that they seemed to have forgotten, a few more updates and a downgrade app that does not delete your recordings or 1P's. Probably going to get the voice remote w/dongle to have it. Sooner or later we will have to upgrade if you want voice commands and new mods.

Reactions: jackstoker

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
I did one today using tivo on line via my browser.
Was that from Gen4 to Gen3? I need to be able to transfer to my XL4, which will never be on Gen4 since it won't be available. Right now Tivo Online works for transfers, but of course the interface sucks so so bad. Don't you think there are hardly any options and is a pain?...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

But of course they would have had to think about that and allow it. Anyone transfer from Gen4 to Gen3 yet?

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
It was gen 4 to gen 4.

But the interface was simple and easy. Both systems on the screen, drag whatever you want to copy from one machine to the other.

Did they clean up the interface? This is the first time I've had two TiVo's at the same time so I don't know.
That's interesting. On Tivo Online? Where do you see that? When I go to Manage and Transfers, there is no dual screens or dragging. All I see is the recordings on the From Tivo and check boxes to transfer and you can select the To Box.

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
I don't know. I just went to manage. I saw it on my iPad but the drag didn't work right. It worked great on my win 10 pc.
I am on Win7 Prof (hate W10) and using Opera browser (the best for Flash ads in my opinion) and get this.

TEST2.jpg

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
It's the servers. I been hammering my Roamio Pro bad and was not sure, on Gen3. If you are not using an app, disconnecting from the internet will surely fix it!

So even in Gen4, they still cannot give the box local functions at ALL times???...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I will never understand why when you go into a recording, blue circle delay, and again when you try to play it when they are having server problems. WHY???

At least they got the audio dropout fixed going in and out of "the Home Screen".

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
mike246 wants instructions how to roll back to Gen3 without losing everything, which he knows do not exist and which he also knew did not exist when he upgraded to Hydra.
Do You Know Mike and what is in his head??? And again I have to intervene...insufferable.

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
I do not like how when I open my show/all shows (which is the only list I ever use) is no longer says "resume playing" and instead just says "play". It was helpful before to know ahead of time if I was going to start the show at the beginning or not. (unless I am missing something with the new update).
Truthfully, the more I read, the more I see the X1 rollout all over again. Who tests this crap, I would really like to know? At this rate, it might not be good enough to try until Xmas 2018...SAD.

It is also sad that new "convertees" do not seem to like to read about the simplest problems and procedures that have been around for weeks...

Reactions: computersteve

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
Well Ted said yesterday that there will be a new Gen3 and Gen4 with some goodies in Jan. Hopefully some of the "minor design flaws" issues discussed since Gen4 came out will be addressed. They have just been putting out fires more or less so far, and I do understand that.

Not for me then, maybe not ever...I hope someday next year to upgrade.

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
One thing I have been noticing consistently is when I resume a partially watched recording on the TV from the Android app, the recording always starts from the beginning.

This was not an issue pre-Hydra.
Oops, sorry I read that post wrong, did not see it was about the App, BUT I am going to make a separate thread for the Resume Point for Gen3. IT IS TOTALLY CRAZY WHAT IT DOES in many different situations . I think its worse in the last few updates and am totally not surprised it is screwed up in Gen4...:rolleyes:

It has and always been screwed up before in too many situations. A PITA.

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
If you disconnect your Tivo from the Internet, the blue circle goes away instantly. This is just bad programming by TiVo. If you don't get your payload back in 10 sec, you should just fail gracefully.
I just saw this. This is the way it has been forever. I got an XL4 in 05/2012 and had to run it in SD Mode because the HDUI was really slow and it went to the servers for many local functions, as it STILL does to this day, hence the Blue Circles. SD Mode was fast, but not pretty. They got rid of it with the Roamio Series (I got a Roamio Pro--Gen3!), probably because the processor was faster (not really fast enough). Those of you who have Bolts are lucky. Some of us not rich users cannot replace our All-In Roamios. Also if you use Moca (I do), to disconnect from the internet, you have to first change to ethernet (and you actually need the lan cable plugged in to change it...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:) and then unplug the lan cable. All this while their stupid Network Change Dialogue asks you Everything over, when it knows what was there anyway (yes, they made some changes to this over the years). To THIS day it does that. It's not that hard to fix small things. They have always been lazy in coding, which is why I would never go to Gen4 for Several (MANY) more updates...:rolleyes::D

So some say it is a faster interface. Is that on Bolts only or Roamios too?

Also I am wondering if HomeScreen shortcut choices include Network and Manual Recordings? I ask this because the documentation is lacking. If you have not seen this guide, here it is:

https://explore.tivo.com/content/dam/tivo/explore/how-to/TiVoExperience_VG.pdf

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.