TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
It would be nice, and create less clutter, if people would scan the posts before reporting a problem.

For example, many people have reported the V66 problem and TiVo_Ted has acknowledge it and they are working on it.
We really need a Hydra/Vox Forum. Then there could be a thread "V66 Error". That would reduce clutter.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Were you ever locked out of playing local recordings with the gen3 UI when TiVo's servers weren't operating properly? I don't think I ever was. Sure, extraneous stuff like "What to Watch Now" wouldn't work, but I could still watch recordings.
No, it never stopped playing. I'm still on 20.7.4 and WTWN is ok now.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
My complaint: No way to adjust font size. Since the upgrade to the ``new experience'' my wife hates using Tivo. She can't see the guide as well and the font size is way too small. Is there a way to roll back to the old experience? I don't even care about voice search at this point, which was the only reason we "downgraded" (that is what my wife calls it...).
Sure, but you will lose EVERYTHING -> How to Rollback Hydra from Roamio and Mini's v1

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I switched from moca to wifi to test issu.. increased to c217. So I'll test a different box but most likely it result in the same thing.
I woke up a sleeping thread -> Daily Guide Updates

If it does succeed, check if your guide has been extended by a day.

update: just forced a connection and received an update.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Guide information at 11/24. Not sure what it was b4
11/23 (in System Information). There is a pattern. I am pretty sure that you will not see that date change on Monday - Tuesday. I am also pretty sure you will get two days on Friday - Saturday. It's a pattern that may be different for different locations, but you can change hard drives or do manual connections, yet the pattern will return.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I am having the same problem with my minis - I was told there is a network discovery issue then I was told something else - WE CANT EVEN ROLL BACK THE SOFTWARE SO IM NOT SURE what to do at this point. I cannot watch the mini's consistently without losing connection - WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED - THIS ERROR V66 IS ANNOYING. ITS BEEN WEEKS NOW SINCE THE SOFTWARE UPATE WHAT IS THE STATUS OF THIS????!!!
I replied on your other thread.
V66 error - promoted to its own thread

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
After turning off Power Savings, the audio issue is gone. Even after powering down TV and home theater system, leaving it overnight, and then powering everything back up, audio is fine. Which is all well and good, but the fact that wake from power causes it to lose audio remains a problem. Anyone else with Dolby Audio selected have this problem and reported it?
In System Information, has your MBT changed? I find 40C a good value in a 72F room. Only audio problem I have (except the odd random dropout) is when I power up my Premiere it may have no audio until I hit Pause for a second.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I sometimes see duplicate episode listings of things that I had recorded, prior to upgrading . It doesn't seem to occur(at least not yet) with recordings I do after the upgrade.
I can choose either one and play it and when I delete one, they both disappear.
Also, they need to work on the guide paging transition. It used to be a scroll up/down effect. Now it just blanks the screen for a second and displays the next page. It doesn't look very good.
I'm pretty sure the upgrade (and I know the downgrade) wipes the memory of what you have watched. So the To Do List will be confused. It should fix itself after a month.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
New problem. Last night I made a manual recording. I did this in max power saving mode. It worked. When I went to Recording Activity, the Big Arrow appeared after a second, the screen went gray, and I found myself kicked back to TiVo Central. Repeatable.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I've never tried a manual recording with Hydra. I'll need to try it sometime. I only use Max Power savings with all my TiVos. I've not had any issues scheduling recordings from the guide though.
Don't spend too much time on it. My description was a bit off also. I was viewing a deleted manual recording in what was History, now Recording Activity. I just went to its Mini Vox to view the folder. One boom, then back to the menu. No Boom on the host. Both are DD with sound effects on medium.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Ok, I'm back. My Roamio OTA with 21.7.2.RC11 has two folders: Recently Deleted and Recently Deleted Recordings. I deleted three manual recordings this morning. I noticed that Recently Deleted has three blue dots, no names and has dates. I hit Clear on each one to no effect. Then I went to Recently Deleted Recordings and saw my three recordings. I hit Clear on each, got the usual confirmation message, then killed it. I did all three. I went back to Recently Deleted and they were gone. I have had Suggestions disabled since day one on this box. This is getting better. Manual recording are still being done. Checking my Recording Activity still blows me off, even on my Mini VOX.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I dont know if this has been reported by anyone yet... In RC12, if you attempt to tune a channel in the guide that does not have any guide info, it will not tune the channel. Subsequently, any attempt to tune any other channel (with or without guide info) while that guide screen is up will fail as well. It is necessary to exit the guide and bring it back up again - and then you can tune a channel that has guide info. I've discovered this on channels that have recently been added by my provider, but have not received guide data yet from Tivo.
That is true with the classic UI also. And I find channel up & channel down will tune to the channel. I have one channel that never has information.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.