TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Not always the case, I find Hydra refreshing and mostly a great improvement. My concerns are with inconsistencies, unnecessary steps, and issues with Hydra itself, not compared to another UI.
Yeah, while I pretty much like the new UI, there are a lot of inconsistencies throughout.

1.) The info button does nothing in the wish lists, even though there is a circled "I" in the abstract.

2.) Pressing Select on a wish list item reveals more info, but going 'back' does things differently depending on which list your in. If your in the main wish list screen set to display matches (c), it returns you to where you were. But if you were in an individual wish list item, you still go back but your selection is reset to the top of the screen and you must scroll down to get back where you were.

3.) The record button also does nothing in wish lists.

This is just within the wish lists... there are plenty of others throughout the UI. In that regard, it is very TiVo'ish. Their QA team wouldn't last a week at my company.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I think I know what's going on. I tried an experiment today:

Case A: Bolt+ is not recording. While watching a recording on the mini, if I got to LIVE TV, then hit BACK and SELECT PLAY, I'm returned to the recording where I left off.

Case B: Bolt+ is recording 2 shows. While watching a recording on the Mini, I go to LIVE TV. I then have to hit BACK twice before I actually go back to the recording. If I then SELECT PLAY, the recording re-starts from the beginning.
I have seen similar behavior.

·
Registered
832 Posts
wasn't a problem with the previous GUI.
I do think they could pull in the bounds of the UI a bit. Many TVs overscan to varying amounts.

It's 2017 and TiVo finally decided we don't 4 inch tall letters on the screen, but there is still a LOT of wasted (literally blank) space on screen. Dunno what it is with TiVo and their interface design.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've had that with a few. Like the winter finale of blacklist which was very odd. It said user canceled which was very odd because there were only 3 recordings scheduled at that time. There shouldn't have even been the popup screen for resolving a conflict in that situation.
I guess my phrasing wasn't all that clear. I have quite a few shows listed like Andy Griffith and Sanford and son that I never scheduled to record, but it indicates they were and were cancelled.

Suggestions are off.

???

·
Registered
832 Posts
LOL... my OCD has me wanting to know why. So if your theory is correct, turning recording off for all wishlists should prevent these entries going forward?

BTW... The entries state specifically that someone in my household cancelled them. Is that the same notation you have seen with these?

·
Registered
832 Posts
TiVo has always had bugs. And even when reporting and demonstrating them to 2nd and 3rd tier support, they are rarely fixed.

I am happy to see the Mini channel guide constraints bug fixed in Hydra (I reported it to a 3rd tier supervisor two years ago).

I fully expected to see issues in Hydra. I opted in early, and any major software release (beta or GM) is going to have issues. Hopefully, since they are no longer nursing an EOL'd code base, development will be more responsible.

·
Registered
832 Posts
One thing I have been noticing consistently is when I resume a partially watched recording on the TV from the Android app, the recording always starts from the beginning.

This was not an issue pre-Hydra.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I was never tempted to "upgrade" to Hydra, so I have to ask those who did and regret it - Why did you?
I chose to as I pretty much felt the old platform would get no further love, and the guide issue on Mini's really bugged me.

That's fixed in Hydra, and the only issues I am experiencing are on the Mini... abysmal interface lag, and it constantly grabbing a live tuner channel when I am watching only recorded content.

It's TiVo, and it is simply a matter of choosing which bugs you want to live with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.