TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
My (growing) list of issues based on feedback I've seen.
1. SPS backdoor codes mostly don't work (quick clear play bar, clock).
2. PC-->TiVo transfers (pyTivo/TiVo Desktop) not possible
3. HME apps launch points missing (HME still runs if launched via kmttg)
4. No TiVo Live Guide
5. Left button for going back no longer works - have to use Back button. Also right button can't be used for select.
6. Skip button to jump to end/start of lists no longer works, only channel up/down and arrows work in lists - huge issue IMO
7. Every program in My Shows is treated as a folder. So if you select a single recording, it opens into the list menu rather than going directly to the Play screen. Also, clicking "play" on remote doesn't work. Extra unnecessary click. Then when you delete the episode it goes to an empty list screen rather than back to My Shows.
8. TiVo,# shortcuts. Can't change first Tivo,# remote shortcuts: 1=SP list, 2=ToDo, 3=wishlist, 4=search, etc. and those shortcuts are no longer what they used to be.
9. MRV no longer works for moving shows from 1 TiVo to another. MRS still works. For MRV you have to initiate transfers at online.tivo.com
10. This is opinion, not shortcoming per say: I much prefer simple lists for things like My Shows, ToDo, etc. instead of tiles that are all over the Hydra GUI. UPDATE: Tiles can be turned off for My Shows via preferences.
11. Re-sync times for change in resolution (if you use native output settings) seem to take much longer in Hydra.

NOTES:
1. SPS: 30 sec skip is default, but SPS30S can be used to toggle back to 30 sec scan. Clock mostly non-functional, quick clear play bar doesn't work at all.
Good list but I'm not so sure about skip being default. All three of my TiVo's had scan. It may be based on what you had before.

Also, I finally got resolution changes to work and they seemed the same to me. May be hardware dependent.

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
I'm just going by what I've seen reported. Can't confirm it myself since I don't have Hydra. Can you confirm that for My Shows if you press skip you get to bottom of list and then skip again takes you back to start of list? In Quattro software ToDo list works exactly same as well: skip takes you to bottom, skip again back to top of list. If Hydra is all horizontal tiles then I guess it's horizontal skipping instead of vertical?
Hydra is not all horizontal tiles. It is two dimensional. And you can do list only in some places. I don't know how skip used to work on lists. Channel up and down work but may not be to the end of long lists.

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
What did you do to get the resolution changes to work as mine seem to be stuck?
I did seem to get my living room resolutions to work by going into Vudu and playing the preview for King Kong Skull Island. I wanted to see if 1080p24 worked. Once I left Vudu and came back to live TV my resolutions started to work. I don't know if it will stick though.
Make sure you use the back button to exit. Anything else will wipe out the change.

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
I haven't seen or read anything that makes me think I would like it better so I am waiting. From what I see this is for people who care more about how a UI looks than how it works - at least this is what I am guessing when people note it takes allot more button pushes to do the same thing and then note they like how it looks. I am the other way nearly 100% could care less about appearance beyond how it affects functionality for all I care it could be 100% text if it was easy to get done what I want to do, which is primarily to play a recording and setup a few new one passes a few times a year.
Not really. I see many improvements in terms of consistency and data access. There are several nice touches like better integration with streaming and better deeper information.

I don't care that much about looks. In fact, a lot about Hydra is opposite what I like yet I like the interface overall.

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
Ok so this is very odd. Was able to steal back a tuner by selecting it from the available tuners on the right panel on my Roamio. And then that channel (Fox, World Series) was on both my Roamio and Mini even though the Mini no longer had a tuner. And when I changed the channel on the Roamio it changed the channel on the Mini too. So the Mini was basically mirroring the Roamio. This is actually a nice feature to save tuners but doubtful that its intended behavior.
That's kind of awesome.

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
I'm with you Dan. Maybe if the core features like transfers, Live guide, pytivo, Sort channels by name, remote scheduling, (insert other missing features here), are added to it I'll upgrade. Installed on a spare box, may keep it on there only in case I get a 4k Mini, otherwise...

It would REALY be nice if you could watch a show on a remote DVR and not be kicked back to the local My Shows screen after the show ends. Especially since it takes you back to My Shows, but you're really in Devices. You just don't know it until you try to navigate around.
I can understand you desires but most of what you listed as core features aren't.

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
It was missing last night during Charlie Brown. I am seeing it today.

Odd.

Okay. It is showing on the Bolt but not on a Mini.
It's also intermittent. If I go to the recording directly, no dot. If I go to the buffer, dot. If I go back to the recording, dot. If I go to another buffer then open recording, no dot.

Seems like it doesn't always trigger. Looks like it only works from the buffer.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.