TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I sometimes see duplicate episode listings of things that I had recorded, prior to upgrading . It doesn't seem to occur(at least not yet) with recordings I do after the upgrade.

I can choose either one and play it and when I delete one, they both disappear.

Also, they need to work on the guide paging transition. It used to be a scroll up/down effect. Now it just blanks the screen for a second and displays the next page. It doesn't look very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm pretty sure the upgrade (and I know the downgrade) wipes the memory of what you have watched. So the To Do List will be confused. It should fix itself after a month.
It's not the todo list though. It's the old recorded episodes in My Shows. When I look at a folder of a show where there were a lot of episodes recorded prior to the upgrade, those old episodes show twice in the list.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I saw that on RC7 (and maybe RC8, not sure). I haven't seen it on RC9 and RC11 is rolling out today.
Hmm, My boxes were just updated to Hydra, from the old UI, over the weekend, so I would think they would have gotten at least RC9(I'm not home to check right now). I guess we'll see what RC11 brings.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm hoping RC11 solves the bug where if you change a recording list to date, at some point it will change back to sorting by season. I like to have newest recordings at the top with the date listed next to it. Consistently it defaults back to listing by season with the newest episode at the bottom of the list.
What I would really like to see is the sort option to reverse season. So the most recent season it at the top with the most recent episode at the top of that season. I somehow got that view at one point when I selected something accidentally off the main menu but when I go to My Shows and select a a show, the seasons are always sorted with the first episode being at the top. I can't seem to reverse that.

I like the season separationg but don't like the episode order within a season.

As for my double episode listing, I got the RC9 update on all my boxes and minis by forcing a connection and doing a restart. That seems to have cleared it up. I believe I was on RC8 prior.

·
Registered
776 Posts
A or C (I forget which one) does that. It's the order I use, so I know it's possible.
Hmm, I'll have to play with the letters tonight. I don't remember seeing anything but "B" listed at the bottom of the screen, so I thought that was the only option.

Thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
A or C (I forget which one) does that. It's the order I use, so I know it's possible.
So neither worked. When in the show's episode listing, B will sort by either Date or Season and that's it. When sorting by Season, it lists the earliest season first then episode 1 first. Hitting A does nothing and C changes from Recordings to Watchlist, however I see no real change.

·
Registered
776 Posts
So I have an issue with my mini v2 running hydra. If I am viewing a channel and then use the guide to select another channel and view it, the ENTER key does NOT swap between the two channels(ie. Swap to previous channel). I hear the kerplunk sound but nothing happens.

Now if I am on a channel and enter the channel number to goto another channel, the ENTER key DOES work to swap between the two. It only when selecting a channel from the guide when the ENTER key doesn't work.

I don't think I have this issue on my Roamios or Bolt. I think it is exclusive to the minis.

Reactions: Steve

·
Registered
776 Posts
The new update just came out.
The main screen is a horror!
You can't see the menu items on one screen anymore. You need to scroll right and they don't show the numbers you've selected for your menu items.
Why does it get worse and worse? What is this left to right business?
This has been my complaint with Hydra from the start. There was already way too much horizontal scrolling for certain things. I disliked Roku for their horizontal everything back in the day and they finally moved away from it(like many interfaces are doing these days) But here comes Tivo, doubling down on even more horizontal scrolling. WOW.

Then they go and make the guide look like a simplified Excel spreadsheet. It looks awesome is when I hit guide on my Roamio and it sits on a screen of just white horizontal lines for several seconds before finally loading the data. the new guide looks like like complete [email protected] IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.