TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bolt bombs out any attempted TiVo Service Connection (due to error C11). In Network Troubleshooting, my Bolt reports failure on TCP Port Test (port 37), but all 3 of my Minis report "Succeeded" with the same TCP Port Test (so it's not my network; it's a TiVo bug).

To be extra cautions, I opened up a whole range of ports (37, 80, 123, etc. per uploaded .JPG) and even had a Verizon FiOS tech support verify my work, but that doesn't resolve the C11 bug in Hydra.

Without a Service Connection for the past few weeks, guide data and scheduling are worthless.
* My OnePasses all stopped working as of last night.
* As of 7 PM tonight, "Title Not Available" is all that the Guide shows (on Bolt or 3 Minis).

I'm one of over 100 affected by this bug (according to case #07388953, opened last week).

This never happened prior to Hydra. I'd revert back to v3 in a heartbeat if it wouldn't erase my recordings.

Here's the only workaround I can imagine on my own:
* Buy a 2nd Bolt temporarily,
* Transfer all content from original to temporary Bolt,
* Revert original Bolt from v4 back to v3,
* Transfer all content back from temporary to original Bolt,
* Return the 2nd Bolt.

Would that work? Any other advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I had something similar happen to my Bolt (still using the old HDUI). I was using wired Ethernet for my network connection and TiVo Service Connections just stopped working. Everything else still worked Streaming from another TiVo, streaming from Amazon, Vudu & YouTube, could even stream to a computer via TiVo online. I had also come to the end of guide data & could not find the problem, just decided to switch from Ethernet to WiFi for my network connection a for some unknown reason I was then able to complete TiVo Service Connections, still can not with Ethernet so I am now using WiFi.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Here's the only workaround I can imagine on my own:
* Buy a 2nd Bolt temporarily,
* Transfer all content from original to temporary Bolt,
* Revert original Bolt from v4 back to v3,
* Transfer all content back from temporary to original Bolt,
* Return the 2nd Bolt.
Would that work? Any other advice?
That should work. The transfer rate will be limited by the power of your router. Use CAT-5e or 6. TiVo online may make the transfers easier. I would transfer one program to get a benchmark on speed. Network Troubleshooting -> Transfer History. A Bolt with its Gb ports should take under 5 minutes for each hour of HD. Do the math.

A cable card isn't needed for the second Bolt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That should work.
Unfortunately, it didn't work. In order for the old Bolt to transfer to the new Bolt, the old one needs to successfully complete a TiVo Service Connection (to learn that the new Bolt is in fact a valid destination), but that bug/inability/barrier is what kicked off this thread.

At least the exercise confirmed that this is a Hydra bug -- despite the old Bolt complaining about network ports, the new Bolt was able to fully execute a TiVo service connection (under Hydra and as a downgraded v3).

Off to BestBuy to return the new Bolt...

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Unfortunately, it didn't work. In order for the old Bolt to transfer to the new Bolt, the old one needs to successfully complete a TiVo Service Connection (to learn that the new Bolt is in fact a valid destination), but that bug/inability/barrier is what kicked off this thread.
At least the exercise confirmed that this is a Hydra bug -- despite the old Bolt complaining about network ports, the new Bolt was able to fully execute a TiVo service connection (under Hydra and as a downgraded v3).
Off to BestBuy to return the new Bolt...
Sorry. I just used TiVo Online to transfer a program from my Hydra Roamio to a non-Hydra Roamio without problems. But duplication of your situation would take more work. I plan on removing G4 from that Roamio tomorrow. I guess I don't like it so much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.