TiVo Community Forum banner

Bring Back Live Guide Option in Hydra!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Tivo Junkie
400 Posts
While others will see this as a dumb reason the lack of the Live Guide is why I am not using Hydra at this very moment. I can deal with bugs and quirks(Hydra issues topic) but I just can't sacrifice a feature that kept me using Tivo for all these years over just jumping to whatever DVR Comcast has had through the years as my main go to box. The fancy new appearance in Hydra is nice and all but at the end of the day I use my Tivo to find and record things to watch and the Live Guide works better for me in doing just that. I will gladly stay with the current UI over any new fancy update to keep it that way.

· Tivo Junkie
400 Posts
I've had tivo for 15+ years and on the new interface. I dont understand what the big deal about this live guide is? I am not even totally sure what it is, I have no issues with the new guide or the last guide setup. I actually like this new guide much better. People always just seem to complain with any big upgrade or change with any piece of tech...
Were you always a Grid Guide user? This is the Grid Guide prior to Hydra since you don't seem to know which is which and what you were using prior:

I have always been a Live Guide user which is like this:

For almost 15 years that is the guide I and others have used. It's one of the reasons why many of us stayed with Tivo over something else because we are accustomed to it. Once you start stripping away things that users are accustomed to that product no longer seems as attractive as it once did which is why I believe some people are upset of the lack of Live Guide(among other things) in Hydra.

I'll give a personal example of why I like the Live Guide. I have a Roamio and an X1. My Tivo is still running the old UI. My X1 has the fancy look with all the pictures and everything the same way Hydra does. The X1 has a Grid Guide while my Tivo still has the Live Guide. If I want to see what's on HBO today for the 12 hours I'm going to be gone I can do that by just bringing up HBO in the Live Guide and seeing the entire daily schedule in a single view. On my X1 I have to scroll and scroll and scroll some more because like the Grid Guide in Tivo the X1 only shows the next 2 hours at a time. The Live Guide provides less button clicks combined with more info which is a convenience for me and why I prefer it. It may sound trivial but to many of us it isn't.

Just because the Grid Guide works for some doesn't mean it works for all is all some of us are saying even if some get a bit extreme about it.

· Tivo Junkie
400 Posts
Still amazed at the twists and gyrations live guide users will go through to justify the choice.
Wouldn't really be an issue if it was still a choice under Hydra as it has been since the beginning of using Tivo for many.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.