TiVo Community Forum banner

Bring Back Live Guide Option in Hydra!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
810 Posts
I'm surprised this many people use any guide. My house mostly watches recorded programs and uses the search functionality to find and record new shows. Paging through channels, times, etc, sounds inefficient.
Do you know how many times I've searched and no results came up, but the item I was searching for was in the guide?

Neither do I, I can't count that high.

· Registered
810 Posts
I like how one person seems to be going out of his way to disregard people with whom he disagrees. even going so far as to call their beliefs a religion.

Which is fascinating, considering the definition of the word zealot.

zeal·ot
ˈzelət/
noun
noun: zealot; plural noun: zealots
a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.

Example: going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how the grid guide is obviously superior and anyone who disagrees is wrong, by definition. Hmmm, remind me...who's starting the religion?

· Registered
810 Posts
Seems to me TiVo Hydra is geared more toward today's consumers - and they like their visuals. You have to do what you can to stay in business and garner more users. If that means some of the old guard gets annoyed, so be it. Change happens. I certainly know my father never likes change, but he always adapts, after his *****ing period. I'd like to think the TiVo crowd - which I assume is not a 70-year-old man that's stubbornly stuck in his ways - can do the same.
There is a very, VERY huge difference between "I don't like this because it is different" and "I don't like this because major functionality has been lost".

· Registered
810 Posts
Question, from doing some digging there is a mini-guide option when you push up on the remote. It displays upcoming shows horizontally (instead of vertically like the old live guide) but does not show the names of the movies/shows.

Is this anywhere near as nice as the Live Guide I have on my TE3 Bolt? That is the main reason I'm not updating to Hydra.
Well, that's really a matter of opinion, but generally speaking the people who like/understand Live Guide say no.

· Registered
810 Posts
Despite that it does the exact same thing as live guide but uses tiles. Exact same functionality.
You can keep saying it. Won't make it true.

As has been explained many (many, many, many, many) times, with the live guide on the left you can see what is currently on eight channels, while on the right you can see what is coming up over the next several hours on a specific channel (the one highlighted). With the mini guide you cannot. Period.

· Registered
810 Posts
Blah blah blah. I keep being told that what is important for the live guide is that you can look at what is on a single channel for a long period of time. You live guide people have to make up your minds.
Blah blah blah. You keep getting told because you keep spreading the falsehood that it's the same. And then when called on it the anti live guide people (usually you) respond "tell me how it's different then". And then respond with a useless non-sequitur, as you did. The circle is complete, until next time someone (usually you) starts it again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.