TiVo Community Forum banner

Bring Back Live Guide Option in Hydra!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,532 Posts
Live guide is much faster, if it wasn't all us live guide fans would not be complaining. How would you feel if grid was removed instead of live guide.

It's a fact the human eye and brain can scan one column much faster than several.

But I don' t care anymore because I converted back to "Tivo".

· Registered
1,532 Posts
Real world. In the morning I choose a couple of channels I watch and scan for the next 12 to 24 hours on each to see if their is anything to record.

This is impossible in grid guide with my time constraints.

I'll also add I did not like the my shows area in Hydra. I also did not like selecting things 3 or 4 times to accomplish the same thing with one or 2 clicks.

· Registered
1,532 Posts
I don't believe the story that live guide was removed because more people preferred grid guide. Live guide is Tivo. The Rovi Tivo is all about the mso and this new Hydra is for them.

This is windows 8 re-do. Take away useful features (Tiles instead of lists, looks familiar in Hydra) and take more steps to get thing done. Hydra is a resource hog.

· Registered
1,532 Posts
Who, on this forum, do you think can answer this question? I am not aware that Tivo publishes this info. They probably consider the complete list confidential.

Here's one MSO who does.
Why would this be confidential? It's like saying Apple won't tell anyone what carrier uses the Iphone. It would be obvious if a cable company offered a Tivo.

"Who, on this forum, do you think can answer this question?"

I see lots of posts about how Tivo has many more MSO subscribers. So where are they?

· Registered
1,532 Posts
Just to confirm that this matches our Comcast costs here in Virginia as well. We have no Comcast equipment and the CableCARD in our Roamio Pro is free as part of the primary outlet included in our Double-Play package with no HD Technology Fee and we get the $2.50 COE credit (and same details on ADO costs if we were to add another TiVo with CableCARD or if the TiVo were in addition to Comcast equipment as the primary outlet).

Scott
Same here in MA, I use the mini's for extra TV's. The mini was the game changer when it comes to cost. Now Tivo is much cheaper if you have several TV's. Before it was about the same, probably more due to the Tivo cost.

Also, make sure you buy your own cable modem and router. Save another $13 a month.

· Registered
1,532 Posts
You can keep saying it. Won't make it true.

As has been explained many (many, many, many, many) times, with the live guide on the left you can see what is currently on eight channels, while on the right you can see what is coming up over the next several hours on a specific channel (the one highlighted). With the mini guide you cannot. Period.
Not even close is right! People who say this don't use it, they are grid guide fans.

In the new live mini guide go ahead several days and try to return back to another channel at the beginning and see how long it takes you. You have to scroll back one at a time or exit. Just one example.

It's like using the mini grid guide in T3 and saying it's the same as the full grid guide.

· Registered
1,532 Posts
That said, my issue is the TE4 UX design. It's hard to believe that the UX first-gen TE4 design team did much (if anything) to incorporate customer/user feedback when they initially designed the Hydra interface. .
Remember when Tivo was looking for users who never used a Tivo to do testing. Maybe that's how they got their input. They knew Tivo users would hate it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.