TiVo Community Forum banner

Bring Back Live Guide Option in Hydra!!

1 - 20 of 527 Posts

·
Tivo Junkie
400 Posts
While others will see this as a dumb reason the lack of the Live Guide is why I am not using Hydra at this very moment. I can deal with bugs and quirks(Hydra issues topic) but I just can't sacrifice a feature that kept me using Tivo for all these years over just jumping to whatever DVR Comcast has had through the years as my main go to box. The fancy new appearance in Hydra is nice and all but at the end of the day I use my Tivo to find and record things to watch and the Live Guide works better for me in doing just that. I will gladly stay with the current UI over any new fancy update to keep it that way.

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
While others will see this as a dumb reason the lack of the Live Guide is why I am not using Hydra at this very moment. I can deal with bugs and quirks(Hydra issues topic) but I just can't sacrifice a feature that kept me using Tivo for all these years over just jumping to whatever DVR Comcast has had through the years as my main go to box. The fancy new appearance in Hydra is nice and all but at the end of the day I use my Tivo to find and record things to watch and the Live Guide works better for me in doing just that. I will gladly stay with the current UI over any new fancy update to keep it that way.

You know, I decided to make the leap to Hydra thinking I could deal without a Live Guide and its brutal, you made a wise call.

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
I'm surprised this many people use any guide. My house mostly watches recorded programs and uses the search functionality to find and record new shows. Paging through channels, times, etc, sounds inefficient.
Your method assumes you know what you are looking for. Looking through a guide is like looking at a restaurant menu to see what is available.

Many of us use both methods. Search when we know what we want, Guide when we are browsing for stuff.

Search limits your options.

·
I Am Sometimes Vocal
980 Posts
What's Search??? LOL. I only use search on the app and very rarely and only for future new series (if they are even there). I am simple. To me, the Tivo is mostly a very nice DVR. I know pretty much what I watch and they are mostly in my over 150 1P's.

And I absolutely HATE the grid...it's absurd!!!

Reactions: Fly-Boy

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm surprised this many people use any guide. My house mostly watches recorded programs and uses the search functionality to find and record new shows. Paging through channels, times, etc, sounds inefficient.
Do you know how many times I've searched and no results came up, but the item I was searching for was in the guide?

Neither do I, I can't count that high.

1 - 20 of 527 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.