TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I receive my replacement remote, I'll try again to get my Humax up and running. This time, via WiFi!

As for Wifi-ing my TiVo -- I'm a NewVo at this. I'm wifi to my laptop, and that's it.

I have on-hand a TiVo Wireles G adapter, and a Compact USB 2 adapter. I don't know which one is appropriate to use or why.

I have read that TiVo has to be updated to Version 7.1 or some similar version, in order to WiFi.

Is that correct? And does that mean that I need to find someone to loan me his telephone line and TV to get this going?

Thanks

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. What is the compact USB port used for? Is that B or G?

I think my router is a 54?G (I'm at work not at home). Does that mean that any adapter I use must be a G also? Must G:G and B:B?

My Humax is probably 2 years old and does not have a DVD attached. It is a simple, cheap Series 2 TiVo. It never completed Setup.

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
supasta said:
No. Not always. Not unless you have set your router up to only accept G connections, otherwise the router will still connect to B adapters.
Ahhh! Great! I checked my settings online and see I'm set for mixed access -- not b only or g only.

Thanks!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.