TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, TIVO get onboard and get the HULU app back on our expensive boxes we have paid for. It should be our choice on what apps we want to use and this expensive box should support these streams. Really disapointed in TIVO, and if I was not so already set up with all my TIVO devices, I switch. But its far down the road of expensive equipment and plans for us to easily switch. So, TIVO and HULU get your acts tofethger and get the app back on our devices.

· Registered
8,329 Posts
Okay, TIVO get onboard and get the HULU app back on our expensive boxes we have paid for. It should be our choice on what apps we want to use and this expensive box should support these streams. Really disapointed in TIVO, and if I was not so already set up with all my TIVO devices, I switch. But its far down the road of expensive equipment and plans for us to easily switch. So, TIVO and HULU get your acts tofethger and get the app back on our devices.
Hulu recently made the decision to no longer support various older hardware models and some OS’s, including but not limited to TiVo.

This was Hulu’s decision, not TiVo’s.

Posting your disappointment in this forum will have zero impact.

· wait.. I did what?
15,512 Posts
Already answered in your last rant..
This site is not Tivo, not run by Tivo, and has no support from Tivo, we are not them.
You're also wrong on why the Hulu app was dropped, it was dropped because Hulu deprecated the version Tivo was using and Hulu decided to not provide a replacement.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hulu recently made the decision to no longer support various older hardware models and some OS’s, including but not limited to TiVo. This was Hulu’s decision, not TiVo’s. Posting your disappointment in this forum will have zero impact.
Well for the statement of "zero impact" is hog wash. I'm sure there are a lot of others out there with the same thoughts..... Secondly, the older platforms comment doesnt support the issues. The newest tivo hardware is not supported. So, its ALL devices are not supported....not just older.

· Registered
8,329 Posts
Well for the statement of "zero impact" is hog wash. I'm sure there are a lot of others out there with the same thoughts..... Secondly, the older platforms comment doesnt support the issues. The newest tivo hardware is not supported. So, its ALL devices are not supported....not just older.
I said older HARDWARE and some OS’s.

TiVo’s OS is proprietary and has EXTREMELY small market share. Hulu made the decision to no longer support the TiVo OS in its entirety, not just older models.

Hulu ALSO made the decision to cut support for older hardware of other platforms. They do this regularly, as does every single software company in existence. You can see in the link below many devices are only supported on certain models and above.

You’ll also find a link on that page to a Hulu run forum. Instead of continuously bringing up the topic in this forum, which is not monitored by either TiVo or Hulu, your efforts are likely better spent there.

Good luck on getting Hulu to change their mind.

· wait.. I did what?
15,512 Posts
Zero impact, we are not Tivo, and we are not Hulu, and we know that the issue is Hulu's not Tivo's, that would be hulu.com

You would just as much impact complaining about your local Kia dealership here, this isn't Kia either...

· wait.. I did what?
15,512 Posts
Why don't you just spring for a streaming device? They all stream better than tivo ever did...
No argument from the rest of the room, considering how bad Tivo handled apps even when they were in vogue, I'm stunned anyone would want to endure that vs a $30 stick that does far better at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts